Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
cohiba274

Usb to Serial Parallel adapter drivers (FRU 41A4955)

Hi,

I got a Lenovo USB to Serial Parallel adapter and I cannot find the proper drivers.

the FRU of the adapter is: 41A4955

I did a search on the lenovo website and it doesnt find anything about this FRU number. I did a search on google and google refer me to http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-41778.html

I did install these drivers but no luck.. it won't work. I tried on 2 PCs.

can someone help me?

Thanks!

Jr

gan
Topics: 4
Kudos: 110
Solutions: 108

Re: Usb to Serial Parallel adapter drivers (FRU 41A4955)

Hi cohiba,

To help you out it would be very useful to know what OS you use. The driver is for Windows XP and older only. Did you try to search online for a driver? Go into device manager, doubleclick on the device and select to install a driver for the device then select to search online.

-gan

Paper Tape
cohiba274

Hi,

I am looking for the Windows XP driver. I also did a search online via device manager and it doesnt find anything. If you can help that would be appreciated.

thanks, Jr

gan
Topics: 4
Kudos: 110
Solutions: 108

The driver you refer to in your first post should be the correct one for Windows XP. Did you follow the correct order to install and install driver first then plugin the device?

1. Power on the system and make sure the USB port is enabled and working properly.
2. Download USBPSSetup.exe to a temporary directory on your system and run the file by double-clicking it.
3. Plug the USB cable of the USB Serial Parallel Adapter into the USB port and Windows will detect it.
4. If the warning message software has not passed windows logo testing appears, select Continue anyway.

You say that you did install the drivers, but doesn't work. Does it mean the driver won't install or the driver install, but serial/parallel ports don't work? Any errors?

-gan

Paper Tape
Somanath

Need Usb to Serial Parallel adapter drivers (FRU 41A4955)  for WINDOWS 7 64  BIT

Community SuperMod
bananaman

Hi Somanath!

The drivers for the adapter are here on the new support site:

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?&LegacyDocID=MIGR-41778

You may have to install them manually - the adapter is a withdrawn product and it's unlikely that drivers for new operating systems will be developed.

Hope this helps!

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Paper Tape
cscnexus

[ Edited ]

Hi There ... I know this is an old thread... But I was also desperatly looking for a Windows 64 Bit Driver for the USB Serial to Parallel adapter. By the way -> the old Driver Package for WinXP (usbpssetup.exe) provided from Lenovo will NOT Work with 64bit OS.

After a while of research I can declare: Yes! There is an Driver which works for 64 Bit Windows 7 and it works perfectly for me. (Lenovo T420 / Win7 Ultimate 64 bit)

I found out that the Chipset behind FRU 41A4955 is Profilic PL-2303 -> I had Problems when going to the original Manufacturers Page. But here is the Link where you can get it also: 

http://www.serialgear.com/USB-Serial-adapter-drivers-windows-mac-linux.cfm

Click the Link for the New 2009 64BitOS Drivers -> Install! .. and be happy :-)

I hope this hint will help other people who have the same trouble like me when searching for a new Lenovo Driver!

What's DOS?
Liju

Yes.. This Profilic PL-2303 driver worked well for my Lenovo USB Serial Parallel Adapter (FRU #41A4955) in my Win7 64 bit OS

Thanks A Tone for sharing this valuable information.. :smileyhappy:

Paper Tape
ibmguy2000

[ Edited ]

cscnexus wrote:

Hi There ... I know this is an old thread... But I was also desperatly looking for a Windows 64 Bit Driver for the USB Serial to Parallel adapter. By the way -> the old Driver Package for WinXP (usbpssetup.exe) provided from Lenovo will NOT Work with 64bit OS.

After a while of research I can declare: Yes! There is an Driver which works for 64 Bit Windows 7 and it works perfectly for me. (Lenovo T420 / Win7 Ultimate 64 bit)

I found out that the Chipset behind FRU 41A4955 is Profilic PL-2303 -> I had Problems when going to the original Manufacturers Page. But here is the Link where you can get it also: 

http://www.serialgear.com/USB-Serial-adapter-drivers-windows-mac-linux.cfm

Click the Link for the New 2009 64BitOS Drivers -> Install! .. and be happy :-)

I hope this hint will help other people who have the same trouble like me when searching for a new Lenovo Driver!

Thanks for the link. The driver worked perfectly on my T420 with Windows 7 Pro 64bit.

Paper Tape
RNR1995

Just an FYI

Win7 Sp1 64 will automatically load the drivers for you