Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
flurry

Use ThinkPad W520, ThinkPad Mini Dock Plus Series 3 and Lenovo USB 2.0 Port Replicator together???

I have a ThinkPad W520-4282. I want to use a ThinkPad Mini Dock Plus Series 3 (170W) [pn 433830U] at work and a Lenovo USB 2.0 Port Replicator with Digital Video [0A33942] at home.

I did not have to install any drivers for the Mini Dock and it worked just fine driving an external monitor. After installing the driver for the Port Replicator, I could no longer drive the external monitor when attached to the mini dock or the VGA+ video port on the ThinkPad.

I played with a lot of things to fix the situation and nothing worked. I even uninstalled the driver for the Port Replicator and still could not drive an external monitor. In fact the laptop did not even recognize that an external monitor was attached.

Later I found using the Device Manager that the NVIDIA Qadro 1000M display adapter was disabled, proabably during installation of the Port Replicator driver. Once I enabled that, I could drive an external monitor again.

Can anyone tell me if this is normal? Will I be able to use the Port Replicator if I install the driver again?