Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
royule
Accepted Solution

Why the drivers CD shipping with the WebCam has Trojan virus?????

I buy a WebCam from US, it is shipped and a driver CD is included.
The product model is 40Y8519.
When I install the driver for the camera with this CD, a Trojan virus is detected by KAV.
The file is killf099.rra

Please lenovo give me a reasonable reply.
Email me and I can send you the screen-shot.
andyP
Topics: 182
Kudos: 711
Solutions: 629

Re: Why the drivers CD shipping with the WebCam has Trojan virus?????

royule, welcome to the forum,

this is a known issue which is explained in this document

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos
Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.
FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community

PepperonI blog 

Paper Tape
royule

You know, it brings inconvenience to end user of this good product.
Your company mentions this is a known issue, but users are not told about it,
And this issue is still existing in current free CD.
You can do better.

Anyway, the issue is resolved to me now.
Thanks.

andyP
Topics: 182
Kudos: 711
Solutions: 629

For the record, I do not work for Lenovo.

You do make a good point though, I see that there is no warning on the driver download site in the installation instructions, is there something mentioned in the Quick Install Guide?

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos
Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.
FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community

PepperonI blog 

Paper Tape
royule

not yet.
at first, once I got the alert, I turned and downloaded the driver from the site, but the alert is still there, then I installed it under windows safety mode, but I was afraid of the potential risk of the Trojan virus at that time, so got very angry.
What's DOS?
rogwei

I was in a skype chat using my new lenovo webcam. I lifted the webcam off of the monitor and was moving it around. I think I inadvertently pressed the snapshot button, because all of a sudden a windows explorer window popped up in "c:\documents and settings\username" directory. I cannot close the window. If I click the close button it pops open again. Additionally, it demands focus at all times. My system is useless now. When I managed to quit skype, my virus/firewall software warned my about bigdog.exe trying to access privileged resources on the computer. I clicked "deny" and the computer was hung. Upon restart, windows explorer opens user directory automatically and demands focus. Research on bigdog.exe led me here. There is a general consensus on internet forums that it is installed with webcams. Since this first started happening when I was handling the webcam (and nothing else), I suspect this to be true.

HELP!!!

Does anyone know what can be done to remove this?
Paper Tape
yamane

I have the same problem as rogwei.

Before instal, I was warned by my antivirus software that CD contain a virus (KillBill.exe), but I disable antivirus as commented in:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-69592

But now, a window pop-up a lot of time (C:\Documents&Settings\My_User_Name) and when I closed it, it pop-up again and get focus.

Is necessary disable BigDog.exe wich is loaded automatically at boot time, so to can use your computer, resize this window that pop-up all time, press windows-key (or try click in Start Menu) --> Run --> type "msconfig" (without quotes).

On start tab, find "bigdog.exe" and disable it.

Click in OK and restart your computer.

You will lost a lot of time to do this, because C:\Documents&Settings\My_User_Name get foccus quickly.

I don´t understand why this CD contain 2 suspected files (KillBill.exe and BigDog.exe), and this files is not necessary to webcam, and why this BigDog.exe do this tricks.

Best regards,

Renato S. Yamane

Brazil