Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
janethebeginner

Wireless keyboard not working but wireless mouse is, PN 73 P 4067, for T61

With my new T 61 laptop, I ordered the wireless keyboard and mouse package, PN 73P4067.  I installed Version 7.0,

Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Software and Installation Manual, supplied with the package. 

The mouse and USB-port-sender work fine, with flashing lights and all.  The wireless keyboard does not.  I got a replacement from Lenovo and the 2nd keyboard does not work either.  So now I am thinking the problem is not the keyboard itself...

I have installed fresh batteries, and I activated the mouse, USB-port-sender, and keyboard by touching the yellow

dot on each, as shown on the diagram on the bottom of the keyboard.

Mouse moves the screen pointer, cuts and pastes, does all the Mouse functions, but the keyboard is lifeless.

Can anyone help?  What should I do next?  I even re-installed the driver but the keyboard remains dead.

Thank you,

janethebeginniner

802.11n
Solvan

Re: Wireless keyboard not working but wireless mouse is, PN 73 P 4067, for T61

Try the link below, it could be the solution to your wireless keyboard problem.

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=SF05-D0082

Paper Tape
janethebeginner

I think the Best Buy Geek Squad figured it out. 

It seems the pairing of the frequency between the USB-port-sender and the keyboard was off.

This is because the only instructions for how to use the mouse & keyboard are in a diagram which is a sticker on

the bottom of the keyboard.  The diagram shows a sequence of poking the yellow dots on each of the USB-port-sender and mouse and keyboard, but I did not follow the sequence shown in the sticker exactly.  Who knew??  I thought the yellow dot just activated the pieces after one put in the batteries (admittedly, the USB-port-sender had no batteries.) so I poked the yellow dots but not in the sequence shown in the sticker. 

The Geek at Best Buy (I hauled all the stuff into the store.) figured it out in 2 minutes, and everything has been working great since then!

The sender must be poked, then the mouse, then the sender poked again, then the keyboard.  Note that the

sender must be poked twice, each time before the mouse-or-keyboard.  I just poked the sender once, before the mouse, and not again before the keyboard poke!

I know I am ignorant but I think one 2x4 inch sticker on the bottom of the keyboard is not enough instruction on the importance of pairing the frequencies.

And I phoned Lenovo lots of times, and took up hours of their Tech Serv time, as well as my own!  and not one person thought of this as being the problem!

Hope this helps someone somewhere.....

What's DOS?
MDGWIZ

i was able to figure out the sequence to get both the mouse and keyboard to work, but so far, everytime the computer is shut down, you have to go thru the process everytime you reboot.  am i missing something?  i installed it without a cd.  will that fix it or is this the way it is?  i can't find the cd

btw, i am installing on R500

Xp

What's DOS?
MaryAnn

I have followed the instructions and still the keyboard does not work.  The keyboard was working fine and then I changed the location of my computer.  I was using just the laptop for a while and then plugged in the wirless usb and the mouse is working and not the keyboard.  Have been on the phone with Lenovo for days and all they say is your keyboard is broken.  I know it is not broken but have ordered another keyboard and mouse. 

Can anyone else help please?

Paper Tape
sdgl

You have to get the keyboard and mouse in SYNC with the USB connector.

To do it, press the Connect botton located under the wireless keyboard and Connect button of the receiver at the same time. Then test the keyboard.

Repeat the same for the wireless mouse.