Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Serial Port
Axure

how much longer before wireless ThinkPad keyboard?

How much longer do we have to wait for a wireless ThinkPad keyboard?

Current ThinkPad USB keyboard with TrackPoint is ridiculously priced, considering it's on a wire, while you can buy a very decent wireless keyboard from Logitech for half the price. (I'm referring to the K340, which has quite a decent key-press experience.)

Seriously, nowadays wireless keyboards are no rocket science, nor expensive to manufacture. Lenovo totally dropped the ball here. Or maybe Lenovo thinks its Lenovo-branded wireless keyboards are reasonable competition for the ThinkPad family? Well, either way, Logitech wins.

Get your act together!

Of course I realize I'm most likely talking to a wall. After all this is the company that has just released it's a top-shelf laptop family (X220) that lacks USB 3.0. And in the past - workstations for CG artists and CAD engineers (T61p) with a TN display and a D-Sub port. Also, 16:9 displays (i.e. a ratio useful only in movies) in business laptops.

Seriously, you need to hire a new person for feature policy. Someone with common sense.

Paper Tape
louisr

Re: how much longer before wireless ThinkPad keyboard?

A wireless thinkpad keyboard with trackpoint would be good for sure.
What's DOS?
lennartj

Please, please, please

I have also waited for a wireless keyboard with trackpoint  for many years.

My USB-attached Ultranav keybord , model SK-8835 (L) P/N: 41A5154 now looks and feels quite worn so it is due for replacement, preferrably with something wireless of higher quality and the latest Ultranav.

The "mouse-buttons" on my current keyboard never matched  the feel of the on-board buttons of my R61 and T61.

Don't skimp on quality when you offer a wireless keyboard with Ultranav, the feel and quality should at least match the best T-series, I guess most of us are power-users!

Punch Card
skywalkr

I second that, third that and fouth that.  Instead Lenovo seems to be heading in the opposite direction w/ the latest USB keyboard dropping the UltraNav and keeping trackpoint only.  

A wireless UltraNav would be a kick butt wireless accessory which I'd buy in a flat heartbeat.  Just think how useful it would be home theater setups or just in general... as I am having so many issues w/ my USB Ultranav and doc 3.

My dentist office uses a wireless setup in each patient room and they have a wirelss keyboard and mouse.. you should see them using the mouse sometimes.  A wireless UltraNav is the best of both options! 

If I could take the keyboard off my W510 and the fingerprint reader and integrate that into a wirelss ultranav.. then there's perfection.

Later. G.Mobley

Paper Tape
haygood

I'm new enough here that I don't understand the advantages of Ultranav (i.e. having both) vs. Trackpoint, so I don't really know whether I have a use for the touchpad portion.  However, If they made an "all out" version of the external keyboard they have, it could have a fingerprint reader (the biggest issue for me), backlighting (reasonably high on the list, wireless (I don't care about it much, but a lot of you do), and maybe ultranav, I'd suspect they could sell it for a good bit more.  I'm not sure they think they have a market for both the current external keyboard and and "ultimate" version, but I bet they would not lose but a few percent of the sales of the current one if they added an ultimate, which is clearly also in demand. 

802.11n
johnv474

People really love their keyboards.

I, for one, would gladly pay double or triple the cost of the current wired version in order to have a wireless version.

Oh, and please pardon Axure re: "get  your act together".  Not all of us have learned to ask nicely when we want something.

JohnV474

Fanfold Paper
znov

There certainly is a demand for that product. I am ready to buy it once it is out.

Paper Tape
Redemption

I would love such a keyboard.  In fact, I'd need to buy 2 of them.

What's DOS?
kortsi

I am also waiting for this. A Bluetooth 4 keyboard with trackpoint, please!

If it is trackpoint only, it can be made a bit shorter and more compact. If touchpad is included, I would hope for a DIP switch or such under the keyboard to disable the touchpad. The older USB models had the touchpad and I could not find a way to disable it. And I was always touching it by mistake. Now I have two SK-8855s and they are almost perfect. The only downside is the USB cable.

What's DOS?
adamantivm

My vote towards a wireless trackpoint keyboard. There is nothing like the T series keyboards and nothing like the trackpoint. Please, make them available as a wireless keyboard so I can take it to my other devices (e.g.: HTPC)