Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
sebastikar

problem with thinkpad bluetooth mouse when using solidworks 2010

Hello All,

I have recently purchased a thinkpad bluetooth mouse. Although it works fine with most of software I cannot 

use it suficiently enough with Solidworks 2010. 

more specifically:

zoom in/out is not possible when scrolling the wheel

middle button click does not work for part/assembly rotation

An MS wirelless mouse 5000 and a logitech one were working fine by default without changing any settings. 

(logitech's software has been removed)

I tried changing settings through Lenovo mouse suite but didn't work.

I also tried to find some kind of mouse-setup in solidworks but no luck so far.

Any help or suggestions? 

thank you

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: problem with thinkpad bluetooth mouse when using solidworks 2010

Hey Sebastikar,

Could you try the following for me,

1. Unpair your ThinkPad Bluetooth Mouse from the laptop/desktop

2. Uninstall the   Lenovo Mouse Suite

3. Update the generic bluetooth stack of your laptop/desktop

4. Pair your ThinkPad Bluetooth Mouse from the laptop/desktop with the built-in bluetooth software of the laptop/desktop

5. Test your ThinkPad Bluetooth Mouse with SolidWorks 2010

Do take note on whether the issue remains.

The next thing I would like you to do is :

1. Go to http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-67201.html and download the latest software

2. Install it

3. Try again with SolidWorks 2010

Record your findings and reply back.

By the way, which operating system are you using ?Is the computer/laptop of yours a Lenovo system?If Yes, what's the model type?

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
What's DOS?
frustrasted_grr

problem with thinkpad bluetooth mouse when using solidworks 2012

Same problem with the latest technology! Has anyone figured out how to fix it (or has the same issue)?

I have just purchased a brand new Lenovo Ultraslim Plus Wireless keyboard and mouse. The keyboard works perfectly. The mouse works great too for all programs except with Solidworks 2012 sp2 (the only version of SolidWorks that I tried it with). My laptop is a Lenovo W520.

The problem (same as sebastikar ):

zoom in/out is not possible when scrolling the wheel - REMAINS UNRESOLVED

FYI: there is a wokaround that requires the keyboard (so it's not pretty). The way it works: after taking care the problem described below, I can zoom in/out (the way I want) by using CTRL in conjunction with the wheel scroll.
      For the other problem that 
sebastikar
     had, I was able to resolve it.

middle button click did not work for part/assembly rotation out-of-the-box. I was able to fix that issue by playing with the mouse properties (see below)

trash.jpg

Any help or suggestions? 

thank you

What's DOS?
frustrasted_grr

Re: problem with thinkpad bluetooth mouse when using solidworks 2012

I fixed my own issue (above) by uninstalling the driver that came with the mouse.

But by doing that I lost some of the fancy features of the mouse (like the 2 addtional buttons clicks you get when you push the mouse wheel to the right or to the left...oh well!

Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

Re: problem with thinkpad bluetooth mouse when using solidworks 2012

Frustrated,

Thanks for coming back and updating us on your situation, and also for the very detailed explaination of what is going on, complete with pic of the mouse control panel.   As you understand, we can't control how things work with every application, but perhaps with the information from the OP coupled with your updates we can talk to engineering and see if they have some ideas about what might be going on, and if change is possible for the driver.

Thanks!

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество