Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
Danny_G

Re: K1 Features and updates

And I have already performed the update weeks ago and still consistently have this issue with the tablet not waking up from sleep mode.
Punch Card
dyates9770

Mark,

Any updates from your product team yet?

Fanfold Paper
KarlW

Just read this thread and want to reinforce the wifi issue. I received my K1 on Monday and while generally pleased the wifi erratic problem may be a killer for me. I can be 6 ft away from the router and get a no connection or dropped connection. Elsewhere in the house the inconsistency problem is a nuisance. Need this for travel where hotel wifi can be worse than here.

Is this a mechanical issue (antenna) or is it possible there is a software fix? Droid phone does not have this problem. Tnx.

Fanfold Paper
udderjuice

KarlW wrote:

Just read this thread and want to reinforce the wifi issue. I received my K1 on Monday and while generally pleased the wifi erratic problem may be a killer for me. I can be 6 ft away from the router and get a no connection or dropped connection. Elsewhere in the house the inconsistency problem is a nuisance. Need this for travel where hotel wifi can be worse than here.

Is this a mechanical issue (antenna) or is it possible there is a software fix? Droid phone does not have this problem. Tnx.

Your problem is most likely not the tablet but your wireless signal getting interference from other wireless devices in the area.  When you scan for networks how many other networks do you see in the list?  They are all competing for space on the same frequency because most people just leave their routers on the default frequency.

I live in an apartment and had issues with all of my wireless devices until I went into my router settings and changed it to broadcast on another frequency.  Give that a try and see if it improves your performance.

Fanfold Paper
KarlW

udderjuice wrote:

KarlW wrote:

Your problem is most likely not the tablet but your wireless signal getting interference from other wireless devices in the area.  When you scan for networks how many other networks do you see in the list?  They are all competing for space on the same frequency because most people just leave their routers on the default frequency.

I live in an apartment and had issues with all of my wireless devices until I went into my router settings and changed it to broadcast on another frequency.  Give that a try and see if it improves your performance.

Thanks, uq, but I should have mentioned, no other wireless networks for about 1/4 mi. and not visible here. I live in the woods in NH with little external interference. Might be worth trying a different freq., though.

Punch Card
ankshah

My K1 is only recognizing only one SSID which is mine however my laptop and phone are recognizing more. How should i proceed?

Punch Card
Danny_G

hmmm...The only thing I can think of is that tablets usually only recognize "infrastructure" Networks. Ad-hoc connections will not display.
Punch Card
why_14

Those with wifi issues, can you list what router and firmware version? I work in the networking field and have access to a lot of routers and can help with some debugging.
Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

Focus on Wifi performance

All,

There are several threads going where multiple issues are being worked.  Can we try to organize the discussions to focus on one issue / problem per thread?

We are aware  of some of the wifi issues in terms of decreased range and reduced speed over time.  We are working on these and knowing which build 0620, 0725, 0801 they are occuring on and which router / wifi access point is being connected to may help.

I'm hopeful that we will have a code update in the fairly near future - next 1-2 weeks.

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Punch Card
why_14

Re: Focus on Wifi performance

maybe one of the mods can start these threads and sticky them....might not be good PR to be stickied but it'll keep ppl from posting issues randomly.

Here's my entry for the wifi issue
Issue: Wifi reduced speed over time
Version: K1_A301_02_02_110725_US
Router: Belkin N750 F9K1103 FW:1.00.42 (based on Ralink chipset)
Symptoms: I've noticed it a few times, usually will connect at 72Mbps but after continuous usage will drop down to 11Mbps sometimes. Rebooting the router did not help. Rebooting the tablet brought it back to 72Mbps.