Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
capt3450

When and where the USB Host Cable for Ideapad K1 comes out?

When and where the USB Host Cable for Lenovo  Ideapad K1 comes out? I need this cable so I can tethering with my Digital Camera with the pad. Listed on the K1 manual as optional accessory but could not find anywhere. Or if cannot make it then post their propriety pin out connector so I can make one by myself.

Hate to see the big company likes Lenovo cannot keeps their word for the little damm cable.

-capt3450

Fanfold Paper
shredzone

Betreff: When and where the USB Host Cable for Ideapad K1 comes out?

I found two USB cables in my K1 box, a data cable and a host cable. Maybe it's just missing on your box?
Fanfold Paper
capt3450

Are you sure both are USB cables? so in your box you have 3 cables? 2 USB's and one Power charger? Right? Please confirm. Regards, -capt3450
Fanfold Paper
shredzone

Yes, one is USB male, one is USB female, and there is also a power charger.

Punch Card
nobshere

I contacted Lenovo Tech Support about 3 weeks ago and asked for the Host cable.  They sent me a "male" cable instead of the "female".  I am going to try again but you can get a gender mender (USB female to female) for a couple $ on Amazon.

Fanfold Paper
capt3450

shredzone wrote:

Yes, one is USB male, one is USB female, and there is also a power charger.

Thanks for a confirmation...Have you ever try to use the female one? does it work? please let us know. 

And if you can, please let us know the part number, used to  locate on the plastic bag. 

So what's wrong with US Lenovo tech support? They said "never heard of such cable).

Regards,

-capt3450

Fanfold Paper
capt3450

nobshere wrote:

I contacted Lenovo Tech Support about 3 weeks ago and asked for the Host cable.  They sent me a "male" cable instead of the "female".  I am going to try again but you can get a gender mender (USB female to female) for a couple $ on Amazon.

I've tried all that non it works (gender  change thing). Unless someone post a USB host cable wiring diagram.

-capt3450

Fanfold Paper
shredzone

Sorry, I wasn't able to test until now.

I have connected an SD card reader to the female USB cable, connected it to the K1. And yes, it worked fine! I was able to see the photos on the SD card.

The strange thing is: there is a part number on the bag of the male USB cable, but actually there is none on the bag of the female cable. Maybe it's a special cable for the European market?
Fanfold Paper
shredzone

WHOA! I just got curious and connected a USB keyboard and mouse to the K1. It works, too! When I moved the mouse, a cursor appeared on the display. I could also use the keyboard for typing. However, the K1 uses a US keyboard layout, which is slightly different to a German keyboard layout, so typing is not that much fun. :smileywink:
What's DOS?
tychan80

Same case in Hong Kong, they also said no body knew what is "USB Host Cable", and said  K1 doesn't support USB host feature for connecting any external USB peripheral. But I call for sales of Lenovo, they said it costs around US$80. Where can buy this cable?