Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
macrodome
Accepted Solution

How do I get back the default skyline Y450 7 wallpaper

[ Edited ]

I just got a Y450 yesterday. I installed Win 7 Home Premium. It came up with this cool skyline wallpaper that changed as the day got later. It started out sort of orange with the sun up and during the day the sun went down, then a blimp came across the sk,y and by night the wallpaper turned blue and there was a moon in the sky.

So my problem, I was playing with the slidenav and it changed the cool wallpaper to one of the installed pictures in the picture library. When I went to put the default paper back that was first installed I couldn't find it. I spent today loading additional software and looking for that wallpaper. I thought I had it last night when I was able to go to the guest account and save the theme, but the only thing it did was save the night picture and it never changed today.

Anyone know how to get the originally installed wallpaper back? Where'd it go?

Note from Moderator:  Please don't post the same message in multiple boards/threads as it splinters the discussion.  Duplicate(s) removed.

What's DOS?
FeatureRay

Re: How do I get back the default skyline Y450 windows 7 wallpaper?

Great question!  I am having the same problem and I would like to get that really cool windows 7 skyline wallpaper back on my Y450, also.  I hope someone will be able to answer this question.  Please help???

What's DOS?
hero2000

Re: How do I get back the default skyline Y450 windows 7 wallpaper?

From the number of views (96 as of the post) it is pretty obvious that there are quite a number of people looking for an answer to this question. Since the moderators see these posts, it would be appreciated if they could help us by providing feedback on this issue to people who can assist us. (maybe the technical department?)

Punch Card
TheGreat

Re: How do I get back the default skyline Y450 7 wallpaper

Bump

Paper Tape
consumer1

This is ridiculous.  This post has been around for almost 2 months, and the Lenovo support team still has not answered it.  Like a previous poster wrote, it is obviously applicable to many Lenovo customers, as can be seen from the large # of views.  Lenovo has one of the worst customer service/support teams that I have ever chanced upon.  I am starting to regret my Lenovo purchase.

Paper Tape
macrodome

[ Edited ]

I thought I might have asked the question in the wrong forum so I tried another and you'll notice that the "hall monitor" moderator removed my post about this in the other forum and made a note on the original post above, but Lenovo hasn't had the courtesy to respond in over 2 months.

JaneL

[ Edited ]

Welcome to the forum!

While there are a few Lenovo employees in here helping out on a volunteer basis, this is not an official support channel with dedicated Lenovo support personnel assigned to it. Instead, this is designed to be a user-to-user support and discussion forum. You may or may not get an answer directly from one of the Lenovo employees as there are way more of us than them and all of them, even Mark, have full-time jobs doing other things.

The Hall Monitor  :-)

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane

ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet
I am not a Lenovo Employee.
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

What's DOS?
defygravityy

After you click Personalization, click on the Desktop Background icon on the botton (next to Window Color). In the new window, choose Alive Idea Desktop for Picture Location. It should be located there. It was where I found the theme again.

Paper Tape
consumer1

Thanks defygravityy!  Although when I went to picture location, alive idea desktop wasn't an option, I went to add/remove programs and found alive idea desktop, I repaired it, restarted my computer, and the background was back again! 

What's DOS?
FeatureRay

Thank you very much for your help!  It's great to have this terrific wallpaper back on my screen.