Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
extin
Accepted Solution

DVDs - R50

Hi,

My laptop has been restored a couple of times but I appear to have lost the ability to watch DVDs. The drive shows that there is a DVD in and gives the title but it only shows a folder with Audio and video folders, The DVD does not run. I don't know how to fix this.

Please help.

Thanks

Guru
Mornsgrans

Betreff: DVDs - R50

If you did recover it from the recovery-CDs, you'll find the WinDVD setup files in C:\IBMTOOLS\apps

Otherwise try System Update to update your system.

--------------------------------
My home-forum: http://www.thinkpad-forum.de
Wiki: Deutsches ThinkPad-Wiki English ThinkWiki
My ThinkPad-Collection
Paper Tape
extin

Betreff: DVDs - R50

Hi,

Thanks for replying. I have downloaded WinDVD but it still doesn't work. I keep getting two folders showing AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS when I try to watch a DVD. With music CDs, I get a list of the tracks as files but if I click on them at least Windows Mdia Player picks them up and plays,

I am a bit confused.

If anyone has any suggestions, please explain them to me carfully as my IT skills are sadly lacking.

Thanks

Extin

Paper Tape
extin

Re: DVDs - R50

Hi,

The problems continue.... I can now start up WinDVD but it shuts down immediately saying copyright signal detected. All I want to do is to watch a DVD not copy it! I have downloaded Windows Media player which plays the DVD but no sound. Real player plays the DVD just - very jerky - again no sound.

Does any one have any suggestions?

Extin

Guru
Mornsgrans

Is the audio driver installed?

Please check the device manager for unknown or not working devices.

You will find the driver matrix for R60 here

--------------------------------
My home-forum: http://www.thinkpad-forum.de
Wiki: Deutsches ThinkPad-Wiki English ThinkWiki
My ThinkPad-Collection
Paper Tape
extin

Hi,

I have downloaded the audio drivers again but still no sound on Media player or real player. I can get sound on WinDVD but it shuts down virtually immediately saying Copy protection signal recieved.

Extin

Paper Tape
andygoblins

Have you tried using the free VLC movie player? I have always had good luck with it, and I saw some other posts on this site of people who use it.

www.videolan.org/vlc 

Paper Tape
extin

Hi,

Downloaded the programme and it works except that the sound is very low. All the setings are at full and can only just hear it.  Alerts etc from laptop are quite loud.

Is there something missing?

Community Moderator
zoltanthegypsy

Audio mixer setting?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Paper Tape
extin

Thanks, that has improved the sound level though it will never make you deaf at least you can hear voices lol.

Thanks again

Extin