Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
andyP
Topics: 163
Kudos: 713
Solutions: 635

Re: L520 - Dead screen on arrival.

WOW! :smileysurprised: That seems like a pretty fair good deal to me. :smileyvery-happy:

How on earth did you manage to persuade them into that?

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Fanfold Paper
MHulme

I know, I'm very happy. I really wasn't expecting that.

I just explained the situation, that I invested in a Lenovo/Thinkpad for reliability and performance (essential for this machine which I'll be doing music tours with), and I explained my thoughts in the same way as my earlier post here. The Lenovo DOA service team dealing with my case obviously understood things and gave great customer service!

Ctrl-Alt-Del
johnoshea

i just got my L520. I was so excited, my first Thinkpad.

guess what... same thing... lcd was dead on arrival.

external monitor works, just like with all of you.

i am so disappointed, I dont know what to do. should i return this for a refund or get it repaired?

What's DOS?
Akinseak

Send it back and get a refund..

There is nothing but problems with L520.  ive also had the same problem and when i called up support, to tell them about the problem. They told me that they wasent aware of that problem.. but after i mailed them the link, to several of sites where people have written about that exact problem. They suddenly was.. OHH THAT PROBLEM..

i was told to send it back in, and i did.. I got it back but the problem wasent fixed at all..

I never thought Lenovo was gonna make laptops that bad.. but i was wrong.. It really blows..