Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Serial Port
Flyvapnet
Accepted Solution

It's those wimpy R52 'unloud' speakers....

I've an IBM Lenovo R52 1847 CTO ThinkPad and I'm wondering if anything fix-wise has surfaced in regard to the amazing lack of volume emanated by that model's (shall we say) unloudspeakers.  How could such a blatant shortcoming ride right out the factory door, unaddressed by the manufacturer?  I've a Logitech universal serial bus (USB) headset which works just fine with this ThinkPad; but the fact there are but two - Count 'em! Two! - USB ports, both of which are in constant use (mouse [I hate touch pads] and cooling pad), causes me to long for some audible loudspeakers of the built-in variety.

:smileysad:

=^..^=

"Beauty is the purgation of superfluities." - Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni
lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,253
Solutions: 1,344

Re: It's those wimpy R52 'unloud' speakers....

thinkpads are not know for their speakers quality, but if you want more usb, get a pcmcia usb card. 

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Serial Port
Flyvapnet

Thank you, lead_org, for your suggestion regarding the USB situation!  I sure wish there was some sort of fix for the shy little loudspeakers.  Oh, well.

:smileyindifferent:

=^..^=

"Beauty is the purgation of superfluities." - Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni
lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,253
Solutions: 1,344

There is no real fix, unless someone wants to reengineer these speakers with a subwoofer system added on, and ramp up the power output in these speakers, all of which is not likely to happen.

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft