Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
richjames11

L412 Wireless after removed dock

I have a work L412 laptop running XP Pro that I use alongside a Lenovo docking station connected to the work gigabit ethernet network. When I remove the laptop from the docking station, I am unable to connect to the work wireless network as I just get "Acquiring Network Address", or "Attempting to Authenticate". If I switch the wireless switch off and then on or run the "Repair" option for the NIC, just end up at this same stage. The only way to restore connectivity is to reboot the machine. However, if i boot up the machine out of the dock or not connected to ethernet, I can connect as usual. The problem seems to point to the machine refusing to use wifi after it has been disconnected from the ethernet. I have updated the wifi drivers to the latest version, enabled "Aggressive Roaming" and turned off the option allowing the machine to turn off the wireless to save power. Is there anything I can do to rectify this problem?

What's DOS?
pettusta

Re: L412 Wireless after removed dock

Have you received any response from Lenovo? I also have the same problem, and cannot switch between Wired/LAN to Wireless. It's like the system doesn't see it disconnect and tries to stay connected to the previous adapter.

What's DOS?
OADRIANMG

Re: L412 Wireless after removed dock

I have the same problem, it never gets a valid IP address, i hope somebody of lenovo´s people can help us