Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
kb-pilot

LAN Connection Not Working in Port Replicator - R500

I have two users in my organization on R500 laptops with the 2505 port replicator. Recently it came to my attention that neither user's LAN connection works when their machine is docked in the port replicator. I get the icon in the system tray showing that a network cable as been unplugged (both machines are on XP) and have verified that the local area connection is not disabled.

I have tried plugging an Ethernet cable into replicator's port and the directly to the laptop's port, both with the same result. However, as soon as I take the laptop off of replicator and plug the same Ethernet cable into its LAN port, everything works great. I have tried different Ethernet cables as well as different wall jacks throughout the building. All with the same results.

Both systems have all of the current Windows and Lenovo updates and drivers and one of the two laptops was put through a complete factory restore last week.

I have exhuasted all of the troubleshooting steps I can think of. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Token Ring
thePCxp

Re: LAN Connection Not Working in Port Replicator - R500

It sounds like there's a hardware issue with the port replicators.
Best Regards,
Ryan Turner
Volunteer Lenovo Advocate
ThinkPads R51: 1836HAU, T41: 23737FU, 600: 264551U, T60: 2008VRQ
Lenovo C440
I Love Lenovo!
thePCxp on Twitter
Token Ring
thePCxp

Wait, I think I meant to say "port replicator" (unless I was right in my first post).
Best Regards,
Ryan Turner
Volunteer Lenovo Advocate
ThinkPads R51: 1836HAU, T41: 23737FU, 600: 264551U, T60: 2008VRQ
Lenovo C440
I Love Lenovo!
thePCxp on Twitter
Blue Screen Again
kb-pilot

Yes, your first post was correct. I have two port replicators that are experiencing this problem. However, I hadn't considered hardware failure as a possibility yet as all other functions seem to be working normally. I'll try to track down another such replicator that is working as it should and test both machines on it.

I'll post my outcome once I'm able to find a functioning replicator to test with.