Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
dode
Accepted Solution

Lx20 Fan Noise Comparison

Hello,

I am a happy owner of a new L420, but I have the feeling that the fan is quite noisy. It is not so much the air flow noise, that is really fine, but the sound produced by the fan motor, which is conducted to the case and to the internal microphone, so it is quite audible in recordings or when talking on i.e. Skype.

I have recorded the noise over the internal microphone with normal volume settings and while the fan was running at lowest speed: ThinkPadL420FanNoise.mp3

Could someone here please compare and possibly send me a recording of your Lx20 so I can compare as well?

I'd like to confirm as good as possible before I send the notebook away for repair.

Cheers,

Torsten

Paper Tape
dode

Re: Lx20 Fan Noise Comparison

To anyone wondering about this as well: I received a recording of the fan noise of another L420, and it is indeed the same.

I think it is a little loud, while some reviewers raved it is "hardly noticeable"...

Torsten

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,201
Solutions: 1,276

Re: Lx20 Fan Noise Comparison

different people have different noise perception characteristics, so what might be intolerable to one person, could be hardly audiable to another.

Obviously, this doesn't mean that the noise isn't there, it is just occurs at a different frequency that is above some people's hearing range.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft