Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
ellet

Mouse (?) issues with L412 and Windows 7

This may or may not be related to Lenovo, but I have a series of issues when running Windows 7 on a L412 and not being an administrator. Logging in as an administrator these things work properly. Anyway, what happens is the following:

- When starting up, the start menu freezes, but can be brought to life by Ctrl+Alt+Del and starting the Task manager (don't actually have to do anything)

- Firefox - when opening a window I have to switch to another window or minimize/maximize to actually be able to click anything, this including settings windows and links.

- Abobe Reader - clicking any button in the toolbar hangs the application (print/zoom etc)

- Internet Explorer - scrolling with external mouse wheel does not work (one of the few things that work in firefox)

... and a few other things related to mouse operations. I have tried to make sure all software is up to date, have checked for viruses, but I can't seem to find the problem. Since it seems to work fine when logged in as an administrator, perhaps this is some form of rights issue? It seems to have started with the latest version of windows update (except for the start menu issue that's always been there).

Any help is very much appreciated, since this is getting very annoying!

Blue Screen Again
ellet

Re: Mouse (?) issues with L412 and Windows 7

After a lot of error searching I think I managed to solve it right after posting here. :smileytongue: It seems to have been a problem with the microsoft mouse driver, installing the Logitech driver for the USB mouse solved the problem. Not related to Lenovo it seems.