Support in other languages: 
lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,249
Solutions: 1,339

Re: NEW Battery Tip - Applicable to some T, X, R ThinkPad models and batteries

you should of got another email, UPS should be responsible for the shipping. 

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Paper Tape
Ra2010

@lead_org

i think so, but i`m still waiting, for this second email, it`s more than two weeks now since the first email. Thats the reason why i would like to contact them...

lead_org

there wasn't a number provided for you to contact them. The battery ships out of Texas USA, if i remembered correctly. 

Regards,

Jin Li

Paper Tape
drachen9d8

OK. ive given up on having Lenovo warranty this.

What are my replacement options and how much? (14.1" r61)

lead_org

drachen9d8 wrote:

OK. ive given up on having Lenovo warranty this.

What are my replacement options and how much? (14.1" r61)

You got a R61? There is several option available to you, what is the model/type number of your machine?

There is a chance that you can get post warranty warranty, which is quite cheap compared to the motherboard purchase cost (not counting the labour cost). Or do it yourself, buy a motherboard from the web, and swap it yourself or get some trustworthy shop to do it.

Regards,

Jin Li

What's DOS?
tessakib

I have a Lenovo R61e and I keep getting a "battery cannot be charged" message and the battery has a red X on it all the time.  My FRU # ia 42T4544 and ASM# is 42T4545.

Nothing has happened, such as a power surge, nor have I dropped it.  My laptop is even plugged in to a very expensive surge protector.  I have only run the computer twice off of the battery, as a matter of fact.

I am getting ready to start college at the end of September and I'm rather unsure of taking my laptop to college should I replace the battery for fear of losing another battery and important work.

Also, I was looking online for replacement batteries and see two different batteries listed for my R61e.  One is a 6 cell with a short warranty ranging from 6months to 1 year, depending on where I buy it from, while the other is a 9 cell with a two year warranty.  

I'm assuming that the 9 cell battery would allow me to operate the computer longer than the 6 cell battery would.  Am I correct in this?  Will the 9 cell actually work in my R61e?

Paper Tape
mtnwmn

I have a T500 with FRU42T4619 and this is exactly what happened to my battery.  It worked fine last night, this morning it won't take a charge and tells me a battery error has occurred.  Is this a problem with lenovo batteries?  I am hesitant to buy another one if they are this unreliable.  If this is a recurring problem, is Lenovo doing anything about it?  Please help.

Punch Card
32zyc

I have the same problem and join 42T4504 club today sadly.

Remaining percentage: 94%

Remaining capacity: 23.38 Wh

Full charge capacity: 25.11 Wh

Cycle count: 166

The system did not charge the battery suddendly. I don't use battery much, so I think it is not dead due to "normal wear". BTW, this is the second lenovo battery died in two years. The first one (on another computer) was in warranty so I got a repalcement for free. Since 42t4504 is not included in the list, I was wondering if there are any work-around...

What's DOS?
RonH

Tiger Direct is selling off Lease T60's  with docking stations. I got mine today plugged it in and it was charging up real nice. While it was charging I had Windows do all its updates. After it was done doing the 115 updates, I noticed the laptop flashing a quick orange light for the battery.

After some looking into things I was getting the error saying the battery is defective and can not be charged. Its a FSU 42T4504  Battery.  Thing is since the unit is an off lease, I have to deal with Tiger Direct for any warranty issues, and from what it seems like they want the whole laptop back. I hate to do this since I spent the last two hours updating all the software and firmware (did firmware in hopes it might fix my battery issue).

Now for the sad news since this battery does not seem to be part of the recall, and I only paid $280.00 for the laptop Looks like I have to pay another $200 for a new battery.

Paper Tape
alextui

My faulty battery  is from R61, i spent 30 $ on ebay and got a brand new one, it is running much better than my old one.

acoolme: Anybody Can Be Your Marketer