Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
markuskempus

New L520 battery not charging?

Hi All, 

My L520 is only about a month old but within the last week  I noticed when the AC Adapter was plugged in the battery did not charge.  I thought and still believe this is some smart Lenovo battery saving technique but my battery is now on 0% and it still has not started charging...  

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: New L520 battery not charging?

hey markuskempus,

welcome to the forums.

when you have the adapter connected, did indicator at the start bar near the clock indicated that it was connected to a power supply ? or was the indicator showing that it was battery only?

can the unit be switch on with power adapter minus battery ?

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
What's DOS?
triumph_w

I have the same problem. A yellow indicator keep flashing, and the power manager says plugged, not charging.
What's DOS?
FFFPL

I am having the same problem and can not seem to sort it out via the "Power Manager 3" settings.

Do you have a solution for this problem, as it does not appear to be resolved yet.

I have Zero battery power, the adaptor is plugged it. I can not use my laptop unless it is plugged in.... It has been plugged in all day today and it is still at Zero!!!!

I need Help!!!!

What's DOS?
FFFPL

Re: New L520 battery not charging; Problem Solved

I discovered that simple is not stupid or perhaps it makes me so....

While my laptop was operating and  plugged into the AC adaptor, I dislogged the battery and then reattached it.

My battery has now started to recharge. It was at zero and is now at 33% and still going!

I hope this simple solution helps you.

What's DOS?
hopewise

My AC Adapter is pluged in, but, there is no indication in the tasks bar at right side, it shows as if there were no charger!

It used to display a black adapter as an indicator for AC plugged in, Any idea please ?