Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
royo

New Lenovo L512 experiences slowdowns

I've got a two-month old Lenovo L512 running 32-bit Win 7 with 4 GB of RAM (only 2.9 usable).

I've noticed that the computer tends to run slowly, both when I'm online with a wireless connection at 54 mbps (and a super fast cable modem) and when I'm trying to work offline. I've tried both Firefox 4 and IE 8 to see if it's my browser, but the entire computer is slow.

I have a single virus scan program, I don't have many installed programs, and don't tend to run too many at a time. I've checked the cache size on my browsers. I have plenty of room on my hard driver. I've scanned for viruses and malware. (All clean.)

I'm very frustrated by the slowdowns and am wondering if I have a lemon computer on my hands.

Any recommendations or advice would be appreciated greatly.

Thanks

Bit Torrent
Vince69

Re: New Lenovo L512 experiences slowdowns

Hello mate,

When you are using your computer, do you notice if your hdd activity is important or not ?(hdd led blinking a lot)

You can try to install CCleaner and clean your laptop, defragment your hdd, and get rid of a couple of startup programs.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know where we can find information on it.

ThinkPad T510 4313-CTO Windows 8 x64 - Intel Core i7-620M - NVIDIA NVS 3100M - 8GB RAM - 240GB SSD- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 - Gobi 2000.
ThinkPad Helix 3697-CTO Windows 8.1 x64 - Intel Core i7-3667U - Intel HD Graphics 4000 - 8GB RAM- 256GB SSD - Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 - Ericsson C5621gw