Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
westonschmeston

PC to TV

I've got a ThinkPad R61e 7650-A47 with Mobile Intel GMA x3100 graphics (Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family) running 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate and I'm trying to connect to a Sharp X-Flat 32F630 Flat-Screen 32" TV (which has a 4-pin S-Video input) using an AUD-2350 VGA to S-Video or RCA Adapter made by Cables Unlimited (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000V6W7ZY). When I connect everything, the desktop image shows up on the TV, but it's split into three columns and it's wavy, fuzzy, and black-and-white. I have tried to adjust the resolution under Graphics Properties, but I only have so many options and none of them work. The TV shows up as an external monitor, not as a television as I've seen in some guides on the Internet. I really feel like I've tried everything I know how to do and nothing is working. Any suggestions?

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,249
Solutions: 1,339

Re: PC to TV

the VGA port on the R61e won't properly support these cable adapters. You would need a converter box to get it working properly.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Blue Screen Again
westonschmeston

How is it even about the VGA port? Isn't it more about the graphics card and drivers? And the Mobile Intel GMA x3100 supports TV-out functionality. I assume that this is the reason that these VGA to S-Video or RCA cable adapters are even sold. Otherwise, they would be completely useless and only the converter boxes would need to be sold. If a converter box was needed, wouldn't I not even be able to see my desktop on the TV? I can see it, but it's just unclear, fuzzy, and wavy.

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,249
Solutions: 1,339

it is more to do with the pin outs on the vga port. The R61 15.4 inch machines all have a native s-video out port, but their vga only produces fuzzy pictures when used these cable.

Someone suggest to me, that you change the refresh of the vga output around to see whether that helps.

Just because these cables are sold, doesn't mean every system will support them properly.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft