Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
hashmi_ali

Problem with repair of my R61 by IBM under warranty

I bought this lenovo R61 just 3 months back. Its securtiy chip malfuncitoned. I sent this laptop for repair as it was still under warranty. It is now 20 days that , it still under repait. Infact, for last 2 weeks its held up for awaiting parts (system board). I am really frustrated with this response. What kind of company is this , which cannot get a system board accross in a time of 2 weeks even.  I will never recommend this to anyone. Moreovet their customer care is pathetic. I think response of other companies like Dell etc. is much better.
Bit Torrent
wjli2

Re: Problem with repair of my R61 by IBM under warranty

I don't think each depot store every possible system boards, some have to be shipped using courier like UPS from other sources. You may have to wait around 1 month for a repair like that, if everything else fails you can contact Mark_Lenovo on this forum by private messaging and see whether he can lend a hand in your situation.

Fanfold Paper
icemaiden

Hi, i just recieved my laptop R61i back from the repairers and guess what its got an new probelm, ive got the blue memory parity screen up, so i phoned lenovo help and they tried new drivers, which i installed and its still got the same blue screen coming up so they sent me out today a new rem module, it still has the same problem, so after a new mother board and a new ram module what can the problem be, i have an R61i lenovo laptop , one thing the helper said was that the driver for the network connections didnt seem correct, so how did they get there when it was running fine before all these problems, the driver is 11.1.1.11 does anyone know if this is correct, i have an intel(R) PRO wireless 3945ABG network connection and 1 GB memory

thanks linda

PS my initial problem was that my laptop just shut down unexpectedly and wouldnt start, hense the new motherboard.

Bit Torrent
wjli2

i would restore the laptop to factory condition by going into the resuce and recovery during startup, but make sure you make the recovery disks before you proceed, by going to Thinkvantage-> make recovery media ->recovery disks. It should one cd and two dvd, or 8 cd. I had your problem before too, reformating and reinstall seems to do the trick. Also switch off the closing screen goes into sleep option.
Ctrl-Alt-Del
hashmi_ali

I understand that no depot stores every possible part. But, the motherboard is a major part, and it is not supposed to go bad in just 3 months.

Secondly, it takes maximum of 7-10 days for a part tp ship from one corner of the world to another , courtesy of high speed courier services.

Unless, IBM is ordering the parts from Mars, the part should arrive in 7-10 business days.

As of today, Sept 23 , the part is backordered for more then 17 days.

I don't know, what sort of company is this and what sort of customer care they have.

Thinking of suing lenovo over the loss of work , which I have to undergo in the absence of this laptop.

Bit Torrent
wjli2

Even if you decide litigation against Lenovo you won't win for these simple facts, there is no explicit statement in the warranty term that specify the turn around time, loss of profit due to the lack of laptop won't be a good excuse (because it is responsibly expected that you would have alternative computer when you ship your laptop out for service) and Lenovo/IBM is not deliberately delaying you (since parts availability is the issue here). If you want fast turn around there is the next business onsite service, which i think also offer you a loan laptop if part is not available, given the importance of your work, one would argue in the court that you should have gone with a warranty status that fits your 'special' need. 

That been said, i did ask you to contact Mark_Lenovo to see whether he can speed up the warranty repair service, and see where the hold up is.  

Ctrl-Alt-Del
hashmi_ali

Now, after a lot of hue and cry and after 24 days, when I received back the laptop, It is missing components . DVD is missisng and some covers and cards.

When I called the customer care, she replied the system is down . Call back later. I think, it is going to take another few weeks before the laptop comes back to original shape

Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

Hashmi_ali,

Sorry to hear about your poor service experience.   Could you send me a PM with your depot case number?

I'd like to look into the situation and see what may be done.

Thanks for letting us know.

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Ctrl-Alt-Del
hashmi_ali

Horrible experience with Lenovo repair

I sent this laptop for repair in September, 2008. (It reached the depot around September 05, 2008).

It remained in the depot till Sept 24, 2008 held for parts.

When I received back laptop it has lot of problems  

(a) Original DVD/CD R/W drive is missing

(b) Hard disk cover is missing

(c) IEEE 1394 connector pins are broken

(d) The battery sent with the laptop is not the original battery.  Mine was a brand new  6 cell battery . The battery which the depot sent back with the laptop is a 9 cell battery and is completely dead.

(e) The place where battery latches (battery terminal connector) has a crack and is not properly seated. Probably, when they were putting the laptop back together, they did not assembled the parts (that part) properly. That caused a crack in that place and even now the area is not seated properly.

(f) Scratches on the palm top

My case numbers are as follows 

32QHDC6

32QGQNL 

32QGPCJ

Every time I call their customer care number  and tell them my case numbers, they tell me what do you want. That is the most irritating part. " You don't know for what I am calling".

Every time, they open a new case number, transfer me to some technical support. I have to repeat the same story again and again and every call takes about 20- 30 mins.

The technical support told me , If I don't call in 3 days about your case, they drop this case and I was shocked. Am I supposed to give them a call every morning and only then they will work.

I almost spent countless hours on this problem now.

I AM FED UP.

Someone advised me to contact the administrator.

I have sent 03 personal messages to Mark_Lenovo , but  no response yet.

Either IBM should arrange dellivery of my parts to my residense immediately and arrange onsite repair of the componets messed up in the dpot.

If I don't get the appropriate response in 1-2 days, I am going to contact a  law firm to sue Lenovo for the compensation of emotional and equipment damage and stolen property.

JaneL

Re: Horrible experience with Lenovo repair

hashmi_ali wrote:

I have sent 03 personal messages to Mark_Lenovo , but  no response yet.

When did you PM Mark?  He usually doesn't work on weekends, and it takes time for him to get answers from other areas.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane

ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet
I am not a Lenovo Employee.
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!