Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
NunoLuz
Accepted Solution

R400 Graphiccs Issues

[ Edited ]

Hi,

My Lenovo R400 is displaying some graphics issues in Windows 7 64Bit, and I dont know whats the origin of the problem since I've got my system fully updated both on the Lenovo drivers side and the Windows Update side.

This is starting to get pretty anoying since it sometimes covers whole webpages or filenames....

Here is an image to better translate what's happening:

Link to picture

Any help is appreciated

Thank you

Nuno

Portugal 

Moderator note; picture(s) totalling >50K converted to link(s) Forum Rules

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,249
Solutions: 1,341

Re: R400 Graphiccs Issues

are you using 1+2 gigs? 4+2 gigs?
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Blue Screen Again
NunoLuz

Hi, thank you for your answer.

I do have 2 +1GB of RAM

I have now found out that this is caused by a Bios setting change I did where I activated the Intel Virtualization features causing the messed up graphics.

Since I'm not going to run any VM's its ok for me to turn this off and everything is back to normal now!

Cheers

Nuno

Paper Tape
KarlOttmer

After switching to W7 (x86) yesterday i also experienced this issue. Its a Thinpad R400 with 2+1GB RAM.

As it didn't show up immidiatly (or i didn't recognized it) I made the BIG MISTAKE to do a BIOS-Update to the current version 3.23 with the result that there is NO MORE VT-d OPTION in the BIOS. Now Config / CPU only shows a "Multicore"-Option. Before (I think it was BIOS Version 2.x, maybe 2.12) the VT-d Option was there, along with one or two more. Now its gone?!

Is it just hidden and I need to active some other Option first? Or is there any other soltion now?

Please, HELP!!!