Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
fyrchck
Accepted Solution

R50 Wireless problems

I had a virus on my laptop, a Thinkpad R50 Type 1830, and had to do a complete re-installation. The only problem is that the installation disk was not for the laptop, but instead for my desktop.
Ever since the virus infected my computer, I have not been able to add my network connection. In device manager, nothing shows up for a wireless network card. I assume this is what my problem is.
I have gone to the R50 age and downloaded every driver I could find. It still does not show any wireless adapter. There is more than one driver to download and not one of them works. I am clueless on how I can find out what kind of adapter is in this computer; I am not very tech savvy.
I do have a non-working R50 that if needed I can open up and take any needed parts, but I am thinking this is unnecessary.
I am beyond frustrated trying to figure this out, and will likely end up getting another refurbished laptop. But in the meantime if I could connect wirelessly, that would be great!
If I have downloaded all of the drivers on the website, why wouldn't it show up in my Device Manager? And there is something under "Other Devices" and has a huge yellow question mark. It is titled "Network Controller" I cannot figure out what this is to and how to get it working.

Can anyone help me??

Bit Torrent
Vince69

Re: R50 Wireless problems

Hello mate,

Install system update and let it find and install the missing driver.

for win 7 : http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-73695

for win xp/vista : http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-66956

__________________________________________________________________________________

Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know where we can find information on it.

ThinkPad T510 4313-CTO Windows 8 x64 - Intel Core i7-620M - NVIDIA NVS 3100M - 8GB RAM - 240GB SSD- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 - Gobi 2000.
ThinkPad Helix 3697-CTO Windows 8.1 x64 - Intel Core i7-3667U - Intel HD Graphics 4000 - 8GB RAM- 256GB SSD - Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 - Ericsson C5621gw

Blue Screen Again
fyrchck

I installed it and there is still nothing under Network Adapters.  It just doesn't seem to want to work :smileysad:

ajkula66
Kudos: 750
Solutions: 794

What's the full 7-character model number of your R50?

Cheers,

George

In daily use: T43pSF, R60F, T61, X301

Collecting dust: T60, T61p, R500F

Enjoying retirement: A31p, T42p,

Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W

I build FrankenPads....scary FrankenPads...

S = SATA-mod (on T43/p units only)
F = FrankenPad
L = LED-mod utilizing an UXGA AFFS LED screen

Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
Blue Screen Again
fyrchck

1830Y1C if I am reading correctly.

Blue Screen Again
fyrchck

Problem solved!! I found the correct driver and clicked setup and all is good now..

What's DOS?
taleilokeni

i have the same problem here..when i turn on my laptop, the wireless light does not come on..i have no idea of what to do after pressing the Fn n F2 keys at the same time. Also, i do not have anything else besides the laptop itself, is there something that i need to get so that i can access the wireless or what?? please help as i am new to this laptop internet thingy..i just can not seem to understand it at all, wether it has its built in wireless adapter or not, do i need to get one n install it?? am not sure..please help

What's DOS?
taleilokeni

oh n my model is 1830-67M

hopefully someone can help..pleaseeeeee

MPL
What's DOS?
MPL

I had same problem with a ThinkPad R50 (1829) and looking for help here to.. 

I to found the correct driver on my own.. !

The driver that solved my problem, is this..
 http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/1rwc89ww.exe

Hope this helps some one.. :smileyhappy: