Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
ReplaY

R500 BLuethooth help

I am using WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE and my BLUETOOTH driver FAILED to install because no BLUETOOTH DEVICE WAS FOUND. . I tried Tthe Fn+F5 BUTTONS but its not working. The  thing is that i downloaded the latest DRIVER for WINDOWS 7 but its not Working .

My Access Connections dont finde the bluethoot.

Pls help

Cheers ReplaY

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,249
Solutions: 1,340

Re: R500 BLuethooth help

did you order the laptop with bluetooth? Also have you switched the wireless on using the switch on the front of the laptop? Finally is your bluetooth enabled under bios menu?

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Blue Screen Again
graciesmoxie

Dear smart and kind experts,I am frustrated and need your help understanding how best to upgrade my Thinkpad R500 to be Bluetooth enabled. The considerable time and effort spent trying to gathering up information from Lenovo Support has not yielded any solid information as to how I am to accomplish said Bluetooth upgrade. I checked the Hardware Maintenance pdf files as well as searched both the Knowledge base and user forums and followed the given advice. My Bios does not have a command line for Bluetooth; I have to say I am a bit annoyed that when I toggle F5, the message I get is: "No supported wireless adapters (802.11. or Bluetooth) are installed in this system".  That message is confounding and not valid as I do have (and use daily for wireless connection to internet) the 11b/g/n Wireless LAN Mini-PCI Express Adapter II! I dont know if this additional info is helpful; I can only hope that it is.  I purchased my R500 (OS Window 7 (dual 32, 64) Professional)  in November of 2010.  It was a discounted "opened box" purchase from the Micro Center retail store in Cambridge MA.  I was not using any Bluetooth enabled devices at the time and truthfully, given R500 high number of ports, I assumed that the Bluetooth adapter was on board. A part of me suspects that my the R500 had already been discontinued by the time they were building the one I own and being among the last to be built the the bluetooth card is on board but not enabled  so as minimize time and money costs or It could also be that as an “end of the line” product it is without Bluetooth because that was the first "optional" part to run out. I really appreciate any help you can give me concerning this problem. My son’s Christmas gift to me was a Bluetooth adapter built to allow me to stream to my better quality stereo speakers. It would be great if there is a simple way to get Bluetooth working on my R500. Thanks!!!

lead_org

what is the MTM number of your R500? not all R500 were shipped with Bluetooth module installed.
Regards,

Jin Li

Blue Screen Again
graciesmoxie

I have not been able to find the FRU part number for the “2030 Bluetooth daughter card (BDC-2.1) and I need help/directions for finding it.  I appreciate your prompt reply.  I am not  familiar with  “MTM number” but I am guessing that it is an acronym  which stands for “Machine Type and Model “ numbers.  These are the number found on the back label and the ones I used on to access the correct list of parts numbers provided the Lenovo Support page:   Type:  2716  Model: PV3.  

Here is what I have been able to find:

In green is what I could “cut and paste” of the relevant information from “ThinkPad® R500 (15.4-inch widescreen) Hardware Maintenance Manual”   page 108 from the “Removing and replacing a FRU” section of the manual which runs from page 62 through page 114:

2030 Bluetooth daughter card (BDC-2.1) For access, remove these FRUs, in order: v “1010 Battery pack” on page 63 v “2010 LCD front bezel” on page 106

Table 29. Removal steps of Bluetooth daughter card Step

Screw (quantity)

Color

Torque

M2 × 2.8 mm, flat-head, nylon-coated (1)

Black

0.167 Nm(1.7 kgfcm)

When installing: Make sure that connector is attached firmly.”

I only have the free version of the Adobe reader and thus I was  not permitted to cut and paste the illustration labeled “Table 29”  

Please bear with me as it is difficult to get a well formatted “cut and paste” of pertinent information from “support.lenovo.com/en_NL/product-and-parts/detail.page?DocID=PD005118”  (which is the “Product & Parts Detail page” Lenovo Support sends you to when you give them the MTM numbers.); and (the forum software does not seem to like links in my message).

At that first level of “Product and Parts detail”  Lenovo Support does identify the following as optional:

• Security Chip as optional “Security Chip on selected models,”

• Fingerprint reader as optional “Fingerprint reader on selected models”

But at this level fails to mention that Bluetooth is only on selected models:

• ThinkPad 11b/g Wireless LAN Mini PCI Express Adapter III

• Intel WiFi Link 5100

• Intel WiFi Link 5300

• Bluetooth 2.0 wireless, LED indicator”

They neglect to specify that the Web camera is only on selected models:

• Camera on top of screen, 1.3-megapixel, fixed focus”

They do correctly identify the Bluetooth and camera as only being on select models In the pdf file of the ThinkPad® R500 (15.4-inch widescreen) Hardware Maintenance Manual”.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to your answer.

lead_org

This is the specification of your R500, which doesn't list the Bluetooth Module. 

T6570(2.1GHz), 3GB RAM, 160GB 5400rpm HD, 15.4in 1280x800 LCD, Intel 4500MHD, CDRW/DVDRW, 802.11bgn wireless, Modem, 1Gb Ethernet, UltraNav, Secure chip, 6c Li-Ion, Win7 Pro 64

If your machine has bluetooth, then it would list Bluetooth in the specification page. 

Regards,

Jin Li