Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
tocop

R50e Bad BIOS update.

Falshed my R50e BIOS (don't ask why!) and killed it,  now when the power button is pushed I get a brief flash of the status lights and a blank screen.
I have read before that BIOS is recoverable using the USB with a floppy drive attached? When it is fitted how do you get the notebook to access it? What files will be needed on the disk ?(assuming that it is even possible!)
Any help would be much appreciated even if it is just to tell me that I now have a new door stop!
What's DOS?
shaikhcons

Re: R52 Bad BIOS update.

I have a problem with my R52 but my laptop keeps restarting after BIOS update. It shuts down all of a sudden and when u start it works again like nothing happened. I have lost a lot of unsaved work coz of this. the othere update i did was a Hard drive eIDE 250GB and every time i start i get a warning message.
What's DOS?
dimz

Re: R50e Bad BIOS update.

Same with you all guys.. last friday i updated my r60 bios, suddenly while processing block 24 it's getting a blue screen!!! i try to restarting but can't helping.. just a blank screen that i get.. i makes me confused and dissapoint.. does anyone here know to restore the bios before??? and why lenovo not inform customer not to updating their bios to avoid such thing like thiz??? what solution to us???? and why we must buy motherboard to fix this???
Fanfold Paper
netstrider

I can't believe it, today I've got BIOS update application crashed in Vista (R60) at "Reading old BIOS", worked normally afterwards, but after I restarted I didn't get anything more than the blank screen. Is there a chance to solve this one? USB/CD boot?

Since there are a lot of people with the same problem I think it's the shame for Lenovo to leave it this way. Please someone give us more info on this topic

ajkula66
Kudos: 757
Solutions: 799

Try removing the BIOS (cmos) battery along with the main battery for an hour, plug everything back in, power on and hope for the best...

Good luck.

Cheers,

George

In daily use: T43pSF, R60F, T61, X301

Collecting dust: T60, T61p, R500F

Enjoying retirement: A31p, T42p,

Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W

I build FrankenPads....scary FrankenPads...

S = SATA-mod (on T43/p units only)
F = FrankenPad
L = LED-mod utilizing an UXGA AFFS LED screen

Starting Thursday, 08/14/2014 I'll be away from the forums until further notice. Please do NOT send private messages since I won't be able to read them. Thank you.
Fanfold Paper
netstrider

Tried removing it for a few days. It looks like it starts to boot from the CD, but I guess it doesn't (screen ramains blank). I've read that other notebooks have a very good support on this one, that they just got to pay for the new CMOS chip which is few bucks. I think Lenovo should have the same support, too. Suggesting to buy a new notebook (this one being a year old) is a shame in my opinion.

Is there any way to manually reset BIOS on board (by switching a jumper or two)? I haven't read a word about jumpers in the manual. 

ajkula66
Kudos: 757
Solutions: 799

And you won't read anything about it...ThinkPad schematics are the best kept secret in business, and have been ever since the IBM days...

I have never heard of a ThinkPad recovering from a BIOS update gone bad, if the battery trick doesn't work.

Then again, I'm certain I haven't heard it all...

Good luck.

Cheers,

George

In daily use: T43pSF, R60F, T61, X301

Collecting dust: T60, T61p, R500F

Enjoying retirement: A31p, T42p,

Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W

I build FrankenPads....scary FrankenPads...

S = SATA-mod (on T43/p units only)
F = FrankenPad
L = LED-mod utilizing an UXGA AFFS LED screen

Starting Thursday, 08/14/2014 I'll be away from the forums until further notice. Please do NOT send private messages since I won't be able to read them. Thank you.