Support in other languages: 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Golfcart

Re: R50e hard drive upgrade.

George , thank you.   I am concerned with copying or cloning my old drive on to the new one.  I'm worried about the partions.  I also when to a site for a transfer program and couldn't find one for lenovo,  do you know of an easy trasfer program? 

I think the whole problem of not enought  hard drive with  this lenovo machine is the thinkpad partion plus other files being saved.  I can't belive I have no room with almost 30 GB when I have an old xp desktop with less gb and lots of room and almost the same programs and files on it. 

Thank you for your help.    Stan

What's DOS?
ais_sag

Hi George

Thanks for the link to New Egg for the 250GB drive. My girlfriend has an older R50E and we are looking to increase the disk size. The Newegg site says the drive is PATA not IDE. I'm sorry but I'm rusty on Harddrive terminology these days. Is the hard drive in the R50e PATA or IDE or are they the same?

Sorry for the dum question.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Adrian

ajkula66
Kudos: 757
Solutions: 799

@ais_sag:

Welcome to the forum!

PATA = IDE.

@Golfcart:

I never clone anything, so let's hope your question is answered by someone who does...

Cheers,

George

In daily use: T43pSF, R60F, T61, X301

Collecting dust: T60, T61p, R500F

Enjoying retirement: A31p, T42p,

Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W

I build FrankenPads....scary FrankenPads...

S = SATA-mod (on T43/p units only)
F = FrankenPad
L = LED-mod utilizing an UXGA AFFS LED screen

Starting Thursday, 08/14/2014 I'll be away from the forums until further notice. Please do NOT send private messages since I won't be able to read them. Thank you.
What's DOS?
ais_sag

Hi George, 

Thanks for the quick reply. I will let you know how the cloning goes (for the benefit of others of course, besides yourself).

Adrian

andyP
Topics: 163
Kudos: 713
Solutions: 635

We have a knowledgebase article which should help you clone the drive.

Cloning Hard Drive Including The Predesktop Area With Acronis

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more. FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog