Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
isleboy2

R50e hard drive upgrade.

Bought an R50e with a 60 gig H.D. in it and will get it next week, Pent.4 Centrino,1.5 ghz, 768 ram. I  want to put a bigger H.D. in it, first choice a 250 gig, second a 200 and third, a 160. I am not having any luck so far on Ebay. Either I am told the one I asked about is for desktops only or they don't know any more than I do about what will go in my laptop. Can someone tell me please, what size, type etc. will work in my unit ? Brand does not matter and  used is great too. Lots out there, just need to know what I'm looking for. Thanks much.  

ajkula66
Kudos: 696
Solutions: 732

Re: R50e hard drive upgrade.

Welcome to the forum!

try this one:

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=10007592

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

George

In daily use: T43pSF, R60F, T410, W510

Backups: T60, T61p, R500F

For sale: T60 (15" SXGA+ IPS), T61p (14" SXGA+ & 15.4" WUXGA),

Rebuilding: A31p, T42p, X24

Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W

I build FrankenPads....scary FrankenPads...

S = SATA-mod (on T43/p units only)
F = FrankenPad
L = LED-mod utilizing an UXGA AFFS LED screen

Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
Paper Tape
isleboy2

Thanks George. I emailed them and will let you know if they can help me. Thanks again.
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Golfcart

Hi, did you get what you needed?  I plan to do the same thing as my laptop has 30GB HD and it's full and ram of 760 too. I wondered is it running hotter now and how do you transfer your stuff to the new HD.  Thanks for the help. 

Paper Tape
isleboy2

Hi: I did install the 250 gig h.d. and it is awsome. I had discs for reloading my Wind. XP Pro and one for the IBM drivers needed for wireless and ethernet etc. Then reloaded all the otherupdates, drivers, my Comodo security,  etc. It did take me some time to do it all. I am waiting delivery of 2, 1 gig memory sticks which will take it to its maximum of 2 gig of memory and that should make it smokin. I will likely have to reload all the stuff again but it will be worth it. I f you decide to up your memory be careful to get DDR not DDR2 or 3, and for PC 2700, 300mhz. Bear in mind I found out that 1 stick is behind a door/cover on the rear of your R50e but you have to take off the keyboard to replace the other for the full 2gig. One of my sons has promissed to come do that one for me. I am going to have one awsome laptop then and so will you if you go that route. I like laptops and have 2 IBMS, the R50e which I use as an in place desktop, stays hooked up to my DSL, printer and router etc., takes up far less room/sexier than a regular tower and anR40 that I use as my on the go globetrotting unit. I love both of them.  Good luck with your upgrading..
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Golfcart

Thank you for your info,  I only have a restore disks that I made , but they should do along with copies of my other files. I heard there is a program to copy from the old hard drive and put on the new.  I will have to look that up too. What brand hard drive did you put in?  I already added some ram and found two slots  , each had 256 , I took one out and put in 512 which is all I could afford then.  I will probably and another 512 or go your route of two 1GB's.  It's been so slow being filled up. 

Thanks and Merry Christmas. 

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Golfcart

forgot to check notify when replied
Paper Tape
isleboy2

Hi: Your welcome. Mine is a Western Digital from M Labs in San Diego, Ca., brand new and excellent. Merry Christmas and a happy Nrw Year to you too.
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Golfcart

I think I asked you this before but could you send me the info on what kind of Western Digital you put in 250GB , speed etc and where did you buy it , I couldn't find a M Labs?  I did you used the EZ Upgrade Universal to clone your new one too?  Thanks. 

ajkula66
Kudos: 696
Solutions: 732

@ Golfcart:

This is the WD drive that you need:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136159

Good luck.

Cheers,

George

In daily use: T43pSF, R60F, T410, W510

Backups: T60, T61p, R500F

For sale: T60 (15" SXGA+ IPS), T61p (14" SXGA+ & 15.4" WUXGA),

Rebuilding: A31p, T42p, X24

Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W

I build FrankenPads....scary FrankenPads...

S = SATA-mod (on T43/p units only)
F = FrankenPad
L = LED-mod utilizing an UXGA AFFS LED screen

Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.