Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
nijhumdip

R52: Error 2010 HDD may not function correctly on this system

[ Edited ]

my  Note book model is ThinkPad R52 when the pc boot it says ERROR 2010: Waring: your internal hard disk drive (HDD) may not function correctly on this system. Ensure that your HDD is supported on this system and that the latest HDD firmware is installed.

Presss <Esc> to continue

Press<F1> to setup

if i press Esc the operating sistem is run and its runiing fine. Buy i cant remove this eror how can i remove its if any one have any idea please let me know or how can i find out the latest firmware for this thinkpad R52 if any one have any link please send me.If any one give me the link off latest firmware it would be a great help for me thanks.

Note from Moderator:  Subject line changed to be more descriptive.

Message Edited by JaneL on 07-12-2009 01:27 PM
WWAN
MarkATL

Re: R52: Error 2010 HDD may not function correctly on this system

Is this the exact error message you're seeing?

2010 - Warning: Your internal hard drive (HD) may not function correctly on this system. Ensure that your HD is supported on this system and that the latest HD firmware is installed.

If in the primary bay the customer is using a non-IBM, non-Lenovo hard drive, or an old generation IBM hard drive which is not supported by this system, with the risk in mind, the customer can still use it by pressing ESC.

If in the primary drive bay the customer is using a supported IBM or Lenovo hard drive with an old firmware, then update its firmware to the latest.

In other words, to try and resolve this issue, make sure that you have both the latest BIOS and EC (Embedded Controller)

You can find your BIOS and EC here on this page:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-58931

I don't know which Machine Type you have, but  you will see two choices. Make sure you choose the one that corresponds to your specific TYPE (ex Type 1859 )

Hope this helps,

Mark

Do NOT PM me with technical issues. Post in the forum for assistance. Thanks
ajkula66
Kudos: 696
Solutions: 732

The error can't be removed unless you:

a) Install an OEM IBM hard drive, or a Fujitsu one from the latest generation (MHV2120AH or similar)

b)Downgrade the BIOS to 1.03 or earlier, and this doesn't work with all drives, apart from the fact that may trigger some unwanted changes in your ThinkPad's behaviour.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

George

In daily use: T43pSF, R60F, T410, W510

Backups: T60, T61p, R500F

For sale: T60 (15" SXGA+ IPS), T61p (14" SXGA+ & 15.4" WUXGA),

Rebuilding: A31p, T42p, X24

Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W

I build FrankenPads....scary FrankenPads...

S = SATA-mod (on T43/p units only)
F = FrankenPad
L = LED-mod utilizing an UXGA AFFS LED screen

Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
What's DOS?
maxisgsm

I buy samsung 160GB new hard disk from computick, and got same error.

I've download the firmware upgrade (fwhd56.iso) iso file and follow the instructions.

When i arrive at upgrade screen, it show no upgrade needed.

But i still got this error ...... how to remove this error ??

What's DOS?
Nicolaspcg

Buenas Noches

Tengo el mismo problema  el disco duro puesto porque se rompio el que tenia  SAMSUNG HM160HC ATA DEVICE  EL FIREWARE DEL DISCO ES LQ-100-10

si alguien sabe como arreglar el problema que me lo diga.