Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Token Ring
osenevp
Accepted Solution

R60's Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet NIC doesn't work after standby/wake up in Vista

[ Edited ]

Hello.

I made a clean Vista installation from my recovery partion and installed new drivers for all controllers. But the NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet NIC  is pain in the ass.I have to disable/enable it every time after R60 went out from sleep state to get LAN work. NetXtreme's  driver version is 10.39.0.0 which seems up-to-date. Any Idea?

P.S. Power managemet  WOL option - Wake up from a Magic Packet - is enabled. May be this is the case?

---------------------------------------
R61 upgraded to Windows 7
Token Ring
osenevp

Re: R60's Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet NIC doesn't work after standby/wake up in Vista

[ Edited ]

When I unchecked the 'Wake up from a Magic Packet' option and checked 'Allow to turn off the device for saving power' NIC works with no problem after standby/wake up transitions.

Does anybody use WOL?

Before facory reset of Vista WOL function was OK.

Token Ring
osenevp

Re: R60's Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet NIC doesn't work after standby/wake up in Vista

It was my fault. Now I checked ALL check boxes in the Power Management tab  and setup WOL params in an Advanced tab (Wake on Magic Packet only checkbox). of NIC settings. Now everything is OK.