Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
Flux

Re: R61: Intel 82566MC Gigabit Network Device Cannot Start (Code 10)

I started having this issue after installing the Lenovo system updates.

I resolved this issue by removing the following Lenovo software, I'm not entirely sure which piece of software was causing the issue, the ones marked with a * were updated by the software update. I would suggest you remove these first as I suspect they are more likely to have caused the issue, additionally it would be worth uninstalling them one at a time, you may not need to remove all of them. Also there's no guarantee this will work for you, however it did for me and I post this in the hope it will help:

*Access Help,

*Help Centre,

*Maintenance Manager,

*Message Centre,

*Productivity Suite,

*Rescue & Recovery,

Client Security Password Manager,

Lenovo Registration,

Lenovo System Toolbox,

System Migration Assistant.

Good Luck! 

Paper Tape
Proxymus

[ Edited ]

Flux wrote:

I started having this issue after installing the Lenovo system updates.

I also had this issue after I had used the Lenovo system update

Flux wrote:

I resolved this issue by removing the following Lenovo software, I'm not entirely sure which piece of software was causing the issue, the ones marked with a * were updated by the software update. I would suggest you remove these first as I suspect they are more likely to have caused the issue, additionally it would be worth uninstalling them one at a time, you may not need to remove all of them. Also there's no guarantee this will work for you, however it did for me and I post this in the hope it will help:

*Access Help,

*Help Centre,

*Maintenance Manager,

*Message Centre,

*Productivity Suite,

*Rescue & Recovery,

Client Security Password Manager,

Lenovo Registration,

Lenovo System Toolbox,

System Migration Assistant.

At first I looked for Thinkvantage Software, but I haven't installed it (because I think that I don't need it).

I also tried the latest drivers form Intel, Lenovo and Microsoft, but the issue exists still (by the way, I'm using Windows XP Pro SP3). The only workaround is to unplug all power supplies form the notebook (including the battery). After this it is working until I perform a system reboot (not a shut down). When I shut down my notebook and power it on then the network card is working.

Message Edited by Proxymus on 07-30-2009 10:05 AM
Paper Tape
gschie

I have the same problem! Is it someone know what BIOS version is working without this problem?

regards

Gunnar

Paper Tape
Proxymus

[ Edited ]

The only solution I can provide to you is to switch off your computer, remove the battery for some seconds and switch on it again. In my case this works with several BIOS versions.

Paper Tape
gschie

[ Edited ]

I have several R61 mod. 8918. 3 PC's have this symtom after i run Thinkadvantage system update.

I can see the rest of this model is ok an working great. The version of driver for the working PC is: Intel 82566MC is 9.7.240.0 and the BIOS is 1.21 the date is 2007.08.22

I put back this drivers on the problem PC's, and i have removed the battery and replaced it again., but still not working good. I still have to pull out the LAN cable when i reboot!

Can it be something else we have to do?

Gunnar 

Paper Tape
gschie

Hello

Is it somone who have got this problem fixed? I'm still stuckt!  What about the Lenovo team, don't they have a clue?

Gunnar

Community SuperMod
bananaman

Just a note that this is a user-to-user community, moderated by volunteers like me. Although Lenovo employees do fly by from time to time, it is not a monitored Lenovo support channel.

gschie wrote:

Is it somone who have got this problem fixed? I'm still stuckt!  What about the Lenovo team, don't they have a clue?

mhafiz wrote:
I wonder if people from Lenovo actually read these forums... this is definitely a common problem that needs to be resolved through a BIOS upodate...

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Paper Tape
mz001

Hi Bananaman,

Thanks for your hint.

But the question no is: how can we assure that someone of lenovo takes care of this problem?

Is it possible for you, or us to make sure that lenovo knows the problem and can react?

thanx

Paper Tape
sircamel

[ Edited ]

come on that must be a bad joke? i have found my old R61 laptop some days ago and wanted to give it to a good friend of mine ... updated bios and installed a fresh copy of XP ... and now that bullsh*t?

im a CTO and i worked as an ethical hacker with years and years of reverse engineering and debugging and stuff ... and i always found IBM and Dell to be a good hardware to work with and now a company like IBM/Lenovo does not care about a fscking network adapter issue? what the f*ck? i mean hello? this is not an issue like "my wlan blabla stops working once every month" but a core feature of every modern pc ... i.e. network connectivity?

i have tried the lenovo driver package, the intel driver package, the microsoft driver package ... de- and reinstalled them 100 times, with .exe with only .inf files ... manually and via "scan for hardware changes" ... rebootet 100 times ... went through all bios options ... but nada!?

come on this is awful ... i will never tell any company to buy ibm/lenovo products again when i see they cant fix an issue in like 1 entire year? hello?

p.s.: i never had that problem on that box before ... until now with the new bios and drivers ... whats with that crap? is there a init.at.will() function in the drivers or what?

camel

Paper Tape
sircamel

bodRe: R61: Intel 82566MC Gigabit Network Device Cannot Start (Code 10)

no updates from your side?

ive written a mail to 3 support emails i found ... and 2 times i did not get any answer and 1 time they said i should call some support-hotline ... i explained the problem and that many people seem to have that issue so why would i call a god **bleep** support hotline?

thats just so wrong ... thank you lenovo ... next 50 laptops for my company i will most likely order elsewhere :-/