Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
netchandru
Accepted Solution

R61 Thinkpad service took more than 9 weeks now and still waiting for parts

Hi,

I bought the R61 in 2008 and extended my warranty after the intial warranties, i paid almost double the money for R61 than the available other brands then only because i thought lenovo is robest and it will keep me going for long run without any issue,

But now my Thinkpad R61 was going dead often and dvd player was not working with some more problems, so i given it for service in a partner service center which responded to me well last time when i had problems couple of years back.

This time i was told that the serivce center ordered the parts and it is backordered and i need to wait for part with out an ETA. So i waited and waited for about 5 weeks and at last the part reached the service center after so many follow ups from the service center to lenovo and i followed up the business partners team. But i was mad when i was told the parts recieved from lenovo is arrieved dead and the service center has to order the part again and again the part is in backorder, It is more 9 weeks now and i still dont have any ETA on the parts, and the service center told me that still lenovo is not responding to any of their emails or giving an ETA. I really pissed off, i can be without a laptop for a week or two, but more than nine weeks is totally unaceptable. Lenovo should take responsibility of this and should do something to resolve this. if the parts are not available then it is lenovos responsibility to provide me an equivelant available laptop to get going for the customers not just ask them to wait for 9 weeks.

Can somebody help me whom i need to speak to to get this addressed?

Thanks,

Chandra 

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: R61 Thinkpad service took more than 9 weeks now and still waiting for parts

Hi netchandru

Could you pm to me the following detail ::

Name:
Mobile:
Email:
MTM:
S/N:
Date of Purchase:

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.