Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
gagandeep89

R61 Thinkpad went dead need help.

Hi.. I was using my thinkpad in the evening easily, after completing my work I switched it off. Now when I trying to switch on, it does not turn on.. On pressing power button the LEDs shows processing and then it is switched off automatically. I tried the method of pressing the power button 10 times at an interval of 1 sec, but still it's not working .. :smileysad:
Please help me what to do. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance! :smileyhappy:
sarbin

Re: R61 Thinkpad went dead need help.

welcome to the community.

sorry you're having troubles.

do you get any beeps when you try to start up? do you get the same behavior when you try to start up on battery power only? how about if you pull the battery and try ac mains power only? lastly, if you pull out the ram and try to start up, do you get any beeps?

PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it as the Solution.
Community Resources: Participation RulesSearchPrivate MessagingEspañolDeutsche
X301 X220 X200T T61p T60pT420 T510 T400 R400 T61Yoga2Pro Yoga13

I am not a Lenovo employee.
alex1906
Topics: 3
Kudos: 81
Solutions: 25

Hello gagandeep89,

Unplug your computer and remove the battery and Hold the Power button down and count to 10. This is your system reset. Make sure it has no power.

Let us know how it goes,

Hope this helps,

Alex

Was this or another post on the forum helpful? Click the star on the left side of the screen to give kudos! Did someone solve the problem you encountered? Click Solution Provided to let us know!

What we Do in Life will Echo through Eternity. -Maximus Aurelius
Paper Tape
gagandeep89

I tried without battery and also in ac mains only still nothing happened.. Yesterday it was at least showing LEDs when I plugged in ac mains, today morning when I tried it is not showing any sign of led. When I plugged in no sign of charging is showing, nothing is happening at all on pressing any key :smileysad:
What should I do now ?
Paper Tape
gagandeep89

I tried to reset it, but happened at all. Yesterday at least it was showing signs of charging when plugged in ac mains, but today morning when I plugged in ac mains there was no sign of charging and nothing is happening on pressing the power key or other keys.. :smileysad:
lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,201
Solutions: 1,276

did you ever spilled any liquid on the laptop? also, does your R61 come with Nvidia or the Intel GPU?
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Paper Tape
gagandeep89

I didn't spill any liquid on my Thinkpad. My R61 has intel GPU