08-31-2008 02:26 AM
Symantec Product have sometimes problems with wlan settings and hibernation.
Try to uninstall it and look if the behavior has changed.
Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter! Try the forum search, before first posting: Forum Search Option
Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using Yoga 13, T510, X220t, T61.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.
01-08-2009 02:49 PM
01-09-2009 12:50 AM - edited 01-09-2009 12:52 AM
Fortunately that did solve it. I uninstalled Symantec Endpoint Protection and XP Service Pack 3. Then installed Symantec Antivirus version 10.1.6.6000. I have been able to restore my power mode to allow hibernation.
No drop since and the errors are gone.
02-13-2009 09:01 AM
I have this same problem on my R61.
I cannot connect via wireless or Ethernet.
I have already uninstalled Access Connections and updated drivers,etc. and it did not work. I will try to follow some of the other tips given here.
Thanks, I'll let you know if anything works.
02-13-2009 12:57 PM
Unfortunately I have given up trying to solve this problem. I have tried various things like updating drivers and reinstalling power management but the problem always comes back. For a while I was having the problem infrequently when connected to my Linksys wireless router but when I switched to DSL with a 2Wire wireless router the R61 laptop turned off the wireless card 4 or times a day. As previously stated, IBM customer support has washed their hands of my problem by saying I was out of warrantee (actually 10 days) and that they had no record of the previous tickets.
So - - I climbed up into the attic and pulled 10baseT Cat 5 cable and my wife's computer is not on a wired network. So I am not having the problem anymore.
IBM and Leveno don't care!
02-24-2009 05:21 AM
My issue was resolved finally by uninstalling Comodo Firewall. Previously I had just been disabling (turning off) the firewall.
I then updated to Client Security Solution 8.2 and then reinstalled the latest version of Comodo.
Everything is working now.
I thought it was a little wierd that both the Ethernet and the Wireless were both "broken" ... that doesn't usually happen.
Good luck. Hope this helps someone.
03-17-2009 11:00 PM
08-19-2009 12:26 AM
You may want to install the latest driver. They state, that they have fixed the problem now...
08-19-2009 02:28 AM
Thanks for the link. My problem went away after I changed access points types. I installed tye software anyway and it works and seems to have a higher speed. Lenove & IBM took their time to release the patch though
10-30-2009 03:38 PM
may be the energy settings will do it...
the funniest thing I've seen on my walk through the lenovo R61 wireless was :
ping routers IP -t worked fine
ping www.google.de in another window did not work (sometimes)
but nslookup www.google.de worked
while my good old Samsung X20 was running without problems in the same network pinging the whole world right next to the great new lenevo fomerly known as IBM...
Thank you for your advic...
...one of your comments saved my live.
I don't know wich. I've tried them all...