Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
nuguns

Re: R61 Wireless issue and arrogant customer service

Hi, My R61 (7743-CTO) is losing it's wireless connection for no reason. The green light is still on, and the network icon (bottom left on the taskbar) says it is connected, but my browser comes up with nothing on it....

Sometimes the Internet works, sometimes it doesn't.

I have Windows 7 and in the device manager, there appear no errors. I clicked upgrade the 11a/b/g Wireless, but it says it is up to date, though I don't recall ever upgrading it....

I can't reinstall Windows because the CD's are in another country.....

I don't know anything about BIOS.

Help please?

Fanfold Paper
jasonbolton

Re: R61 Wireless issue and arrogant customer service

Hi

I would recommend downloading Thinkvantage System Update from the link below and using it t check for the latest drivers, BIOS etc for your R61.  It will then install them all for you. Link below

http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/thinkvantage_en/systemupdate401-2011-07-25.exe

Please read cautions especially when updating BIOS; make sure you have mains psu connected and that your battery is fully charged.

Regards

Jason Bolton

BWCL - www.bwcl.co.uk

Lenovo Partner 

Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

Re: R61 Wireless issues

nuguns,

I would also check the driver tab for the wifi in device manager and make sure the "allow windows to manage power on this device" box is unchecked...

That often helps resolve drops.

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество