Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
maccy

R61i Screen problems

Hi, my (out of warranty) R61i recently developed some annoying problems with the screen, which essentially render it unusable.

Basically the screen either flickers, or freezes altogether - when it's frozen it becomes very slightly pixelated (almost imperceptible unless you look closely).

When the problem first appeared, it only happened when the screen was opened to a particular angle... now a few weeks have passed and it happens regardless of the screen position.

If grab the top of the screen and twist it slightly so the left side comes towards me and the right side is pushed away from me, it solves the problem and the display appears correctly... however this is by no means a solution as you have to continually hold the screen and twist it slightly whilst using the computer.

I've opened up the screen and couldn't see any dodgy or damaged connections - where exaclty should I be looking?

Any ideas of a solution? Many thanks in advance.

PS - I've seen people ask similar questions and the solution given was to update the graphics drivers - please don't recommend that - this is almost certainly a problem with the screen hardware not the drivers.

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,249
Solutions: 1,339

Re: R61i Screen problems

this could be a problem with the LCD itself.

But there is no sure way of proving it, so the only way to determine the actual cause is actually getting a new LCD. 

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Paper Tape
maccy

Thanks - if I was to get one, is there a guide to replacing them anywhere? I'd rather not mess it up.

lead_org

which screen do you have? 14.1 inch widescreen, standard aspect ratio or 15.4 inch widescreen?

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Paper Tape
maccy

It's a 15.4 inch widescreen.

lead_org