Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
s3b0

ThinkPad L512 Start Up - big problem

Hi,

I have a L512 company laptop which isn't starting up....

No battery inside, only on AC power - just saw green ring when pushed power button.

It actually starts up sometimes but it's not repeatedly action, so You don't know when he'll boot up.

Won't start without dvd-rom and hdd. All I can see afterpower button is pushed is cpu fan spin for about 2 secs. and nothing else.

Laptop was checked by authorized service (warranty checkup) and they said OK, but it's still same problem with it.

Thanks for any help.

Agotthelf
Topics: 145
Kudos: 262
Solutions: 183

Re: ThinkPad L512 Start Up - big problem

Hello s3b0, welcome to Lenovo forum!

I would suggest to call service. This behaviour isn´t normal.

cheers
Andreas

Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using New X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Yoga, Yoga 11s, Yoga 13, T430s,T510, X220t, IdeaCentre B540.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Paper Tape
puppet

I have the same problem. When i push the power button it seems like powering up but after a second or 2 it shuts down again. After pressing the button a few times(10 to 20 times) it finally starts up. 

I already updated to the last bios, but still no luck.

is their already an answer(fix) to this problem?

Paper Tape
puppet

is it possible it has something to do with the cold weather? Because i go to school with my bike, and it's been pretty cold here. But the laptop is covered with a laptopsleeve and my backpack. Could it be that the L512 can't handle the cold very well?