03-20-2012 04:22 AM
may someone could help me with my question.
I own a Lenovo L512 4444-4PG. After reading the manual I found the description for
the bottom view of my L512. There is a number 6 Wireless WAN card slot
Well, looks like a mSata Slot.
Do you think I can use a RunCore Pro V mSATA 6Gbps SSD or 3Gbps
using this slot? Or any other SSD using this slot?
Manual name: ThinkPad SL410, L410, L412, SL510, L510, and L512 Hardware Maintenance Manual
Manual page: 154
Many thanks for your help!
Solved! Go to Solution.
08-02-2012 04:34 AM - edited 08-03-2012 12:01 AM
If you really want to add a SSD into your laptop and still use the internal HDD, you can go this way:
- mSata is not part of the L512 mainboard
- you can use something like Super Talent CoreStore ( http://www.supertalent.com/datasheets/6_183.pdf )
- mPCIe card (not needing mSata)
- does not seem to be bootable, but please read manual how to set up during OS-install, this migth depend on BIOS...
- current devices : Interface=mPCIe ( http://ssd-reviews.com/index.php?s=4 )
The device I am currently setting up :
|Model||SR64C7MME CoreStore MV|
|Max Read Speed (MB/s)||350|
|Max Write Speed (MB/s)||80|
|TRIM Support||No (unfortunately)|