Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
volkans80

Re: Brightness control (Fn+End, Fn+Home) does not work - SL500

Hi Emre,

If you want to change only brightness level with this problem. You shold set brightness level to working state and you can change level. For example install winxp as second installation and you can change brightness. Then your brightness level on win7 fixed this level. It works.

Lenovo SL500 2746-A78
Blue Screen Again
emrebb

Thanks Volkan,

This is a good idea, could save the day. I don't have an installation pack for XP and necessary time to do that so I will wait for a better solution which gives the control back to me...

Tekrar teşekkür ederim...

Punch Card
volkans80

I am searching a solution for this problem but i think this is lenovo related because i installed clean win7 and firstly installed system update software. System update software installed all drivers. All drivers working except brightness control. System update software or latest drivers from lenovo's website not work for G105M graphic controller.

Rica ederim.

Lenovo SL500 2746-A78
What's DOS?
manishj

I also started facing the same problem all of a sudden, but just disabling and enabling the Nvidia display adapter under device manager solved the issue. Not sure if it will help u, but should give it a try,

What's DOS?
jmatch83

Thanks manishj! This works, I've had the issue before, and knew restarting my device worked, but hate having to close everything just to get brightness control back. Yours is a much better solution.
Paper Tape
benreaves

This appears to have worked for me: Programs, Onscreen Display, Uninstall, reboot.

Now I can't see the green overlay. But I am able to adjust brightness, so far so good.

Lenovo t530i, Windows 7, intel HD graphics 4000, 

Paper Tape
benreaves

Manishj has it right. My method stopped the slider from disappearing (ControlPanel -> Power -> brightness), but now when I slide it the screen ignores it. But Manishj's method works, requires no reboot, makes the screen look funny for just a few seconds but quickly back to normal.  

Manish, if you find yourself in Silicon Valley one day, I owe you a coffee!

Ben

Paper Tape
benreaves

[ Edited ]

(why can I not delete my previous incorrect reply? sheesh)