Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
SCSI Port
Fastguy397

Re: Fn keys do not work after sleep

Might be a bug in Vista. The OS is partially unstable, as I learned from a guru recently.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lenovo ThinkPad SL410 2842 (Intel Core2 Duo T6670, 2 GB DDR3 RAM, 250 GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive, DVD-RW drive, Intel WiFi Link 5100, Intel GMA 4500MHD, Win7 Home Premium 64-bit) http://nugenivy.blogspot.com/
What's DOS?
greso

It's not a Vista problem, the same problem is in Windows XP. But I generally agree Vista sucks :smileyhappy:

greso

Punch Card
PhotoMaster

I have the SL500 with Windows XP-SP3. I had no real problems at all with my machine. Then I updated my BIOS to 1.18 which caused the laptop to bring itself out of standby on it's own when power was reconnected. I then tried 1.21 to see if that fixed the issue and it did not. I restored my BIOS back to 1.16 and it fixed the problem with it turning itself back on, but now I have problems with my volume buttons after standby, and also with the computer not going into standby when I close the lid ot hit the Fn+F4 combo. I'm not sure what to try now.
Punch Card
knorst

Hey,

the only thing you could do is to report the bug to lenovo, so that they can provide working drivers in the future!

guess the adress is: GNKCENTR@uk.ibm.com

regards

knorst

Punch Card
front-of-house

PhotoMaster wrote:
  ....and also with the computer not going into standby when I close the lid ot hit the Fn+F4 combo. I'm not sure what to try now.

Same problem here on not going to sleep when I close the lid, even when I have this option configured in the power mgr.

This just started btw. It used to operate fine this way. Curious as to what happened here. I'm also on the 1.16 BIOS.

Any help on this subject .....anyone?

SL500 2746 CTO, 2.0 7370, 3 GB ram, Vista Hm. Prem.SP2
Bios ver. 1.24
Punch Card
PhotoMaster

Front-of-house,

Did you change your BIOS at all? If not, then it might be one of the other updates causing the problem, and not the BIOS.

Greg

Punch Card
front-of-house

[ Edited ]

PhotoMaster wrote:

Front-of-house,

Did you change your BIOS at all? If not, then it might be one of the other updates causing the problem, and not the BIOS.

Greg

No, I haven't updated to the 1.18 BIOS yet. Don't really plan to after hearing all the problems with it. Maybe it IS one of the other updates. Should I go through the update history and start deleting/rolling back or just "deal with it" and wait for a fix to come along?

Not sure what to do.

Message Edited by front-of-house on 03-21-2009 05:45 PM
I noticed this popping up when I open the lid after trying to "sleep." Do I need to get this back?
Message Edited by front-of-house on 03-21-2009 06:14 PM
SL500 2746 CTO, 2.0 7370, 3 GB ram, Vista Hm. Prem.SP2
Bios ver. 1.24
Paper Tape
alapzaj

Same here, SL400, Windows XP SP3.
Punch Card
PhotoMaster

Good new! I just ran through the latest updates and decided to try the latest bios update as well (v1.24). Shazam!! My function keys work, no matter how often I put it into sleep mode. Also any time I close my laptop down, it goes into standby. When my function keys would stop working, my laptop would stop going into standby. So far so good!
What's DOS?
jankoh

Same problem with SL500c and Win XP SP3.

BIOS is updated to 1.24 and all other drivers are updated to.

After some sleep/boot intervals fn keys stop working. Also lid open closed detection stops working.

Other think is that if I put it to sleep on battery and then in sleep connect the power cable it goes out of sleep and boots.