Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
volkans80
Accepted Solution

Harddisk Password Problem

My SL500 Laptop's motherboard broken. BIOS and harddrive was password protected.

I want to get my files from the harddrive but i can't.

I tried other pc but harddrive not working it says hard disk locked.

I tried asus laptop it ask user or master password but it says incorrect password.

I know BIOS and Harddisk passwords but i can't access my files.

How can achieve this? Are there any software to enter passwords and access files?

Thanks,

Lenovo SL500 2746-A78
tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: Harddisk Password Problem

Hello volkans80

As I understand you are not able to access hard disk as it password protected.

The hard disk password is set from BIOS ( System Board )

You can get the same system board and install the hard disk on it then remove the hard disk password.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Punch Card
volkans80

Thank you,

Are there any other solution?

I am trying to unlock harddisk with valid password but even entering valid password it says incorrect password.

I am tried 3-4 different software but all of this says that incorrect password.

I think SL500 before writing password to harddisk, encrypts it and then write harddisk.

Can we found that encryption method or tool for this?

Lenovo SL500 2746-A78
andyP
Topics: 161
Kudos: 711
Solutions: 636

If you know someone with a similar system; SL500, SL300, SL400 you will be able to use that system to remove the hard drive password, this is the easiest and only way without having to replace the mainboard.

As far as your last question is concerned; to my knowledge no and discussing it in these boards would be against the forum rules resulting in the thread being locked and possibly removed.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Punch Card
volkans80

I understand you. But my purpose is not hacking or cracking. My purpose is only access my own files. I can't understand why i can't access my own files even valid password.

What if i can't find any SL series laptop? And what if i can't buy a new SL500 mainboard?

Is Lenovo thinks this situation for Lenovo customers?

I called Lenovo Turkey technical service they says that it is not Lenovo's problem please call harddisk manufacturer.

Is this support, Lenovo's support?

I can't understand this situation.

Lenovo SL500 2746-A78
andyP

volkans80,

I can understand how frustrated you feel, some of my customers have been in similar situations.  The reason that Lenovo says it's not their problem, as would most certainly all other computer manufacturers, is because you are responsible for your files and you alone.

What would be the case if the hard drive had had a ctastrophic failure when in warranty?  Yes Lenovo would replace the drive, but would not be responsible for the loss of files.  Sorry if it sounds a bit hard, but if you don't have backups of your important files then you can only complain to one person, namely yourself.

The reason entering the password wont work on systems other than one similar to yours is because the BIOS handles the password which you set differently.  It may be work, but it's a longshot, trying to delete the password on a T6*, R6* system if you know someone that has one.

I'm sorry, but I guess you set the password for security reasons, now you're seeing how the security works should someone have stolen your laptop; they would have no chance to access your files without knowing the password.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Punch Card
volkans80

Thank you,

Lenovo SL500 2746-A78
Paper Tape
Richmell1

I have a t40 2373 hard drive password ok do not remember the power on password. Help
andyP

Hi Richmell1, welcome to the forum,

You need to follow the instructions in the Hardware Maintenance Manual for your T40.

"No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc, nor shall any posts provide descriptions to the location of, nor direct links to content related to these topics."

Andy  

Forum Search Option

PepperonI blog