Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
Veinos

LCD stopped working, only back lid works

[ Edited ]

Hey,

After removing the palm rest and reinstalling it (trying to fix a non working mouse pad/tracking issues, which failed too)

I'm now with another problem.

This laptop is falling apart. 

My monitor now does not display anything, everything stays black. The backlid works.

If I connect it to the tv via hdmi out, it will display properly on the tv, and when I try to set multi monitor set up to try to force the screen to wake up, nothing happens.

Is there any cable related to the display I might have broken in the palm rest area!?

laptop is a thinkpad sl510 with intel graphics. 4gb ram. Not sure if you need some model number?

Im using windows 7, but the same problem occurs in latest kubuntu 

Good point stating the obvious hehe  

andyP
Topics: 163
Kudos: 713
Solutions: 635

Re: LCD stopped working, only back lid works

Starting a new thread and asking questions without stating which ThinkPad you own may result in you being asked about which ThinkPad you own, or worse still, members who may be in a position to offer advice ignoring and not answering your post.

Maybe you could post or add to your signature, (my settings > personal information > signature), which ThinkPad you own.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Fanfold Paper
Veinos

bump

its an sl510 type: 2847-cto

No one ever had that problem with that poor piece of hardware? 

Fanfold Paper
Veinos

Could it possibly be related to the hdmi out port which I use regularly ?

Community Moderator
richk

What did you play with while it was apart? Was the machine unplugged? Battery removed? The cables for the LCD are under the palmrest. Could you have unplugged something? The ribbon is fragile and the connector is also.
Fanfold Paper
Veinos

Hi,

I did unplug the palm rest entirely. (2 ribbon cables I believe?) I couldn't see if those were related to the lcd from what the manual shows, it seemed not. If they are, then I'm pretty sure that's my problem.

I don't believe they sell separetely though, only the whole palm rest area!?

How can I know which one is for the lcd? 

Thanks for your help! 

Fanfold Paper
Veinos

Ok, i've removed the palm rest area entirely again, and then the keyboard to see what was that ribbon cable i thought I might have damaged. It is directly attached to the keyboard it self (tracking device most likely). I only see a bigger cable on the left that could be the lcd, but that I haven't even got near to touching it before. Any more help would be appreciated. thanks