Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
powfarmer

Lenovo video driver for SL510

What is the proper video driver for the Mobile Intel(R) 45 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corp. - WDDM 1.1) display adapter?

I have a SL510 2875CTO Thinkpad with the Windows 7 64-bit OS.  There are multiple choices on the Lenovo support website and I do not know which one to select. 

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: Lenovo video driver for SL510

You have the Configure-To-Order product

If you have issue in downloading the display driver for your laptop then I would suggest you to install Lenovo System update software and then run it. It will give the required driver list to download and install it.

Kindly download the software from the mentioned below web link.

http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/thinkvantage_en/systemupdate401-2011-07-25.exe

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Paper Tape
powfarmer

Re: Lenovo video driver for SL510

Greetings, Tanuj. 

My apologies for not responding sooner.  I have been distracted with a heavy workload.  I do appreciate your feedback.

I did try your recommended link with no improvement in my laptop video.  I'm sure you recognize that I was doing some self-diagnosis in asking about the proper video driver as a possible solution to my resume from hibernation problem.  I did this to try to get some further response about the nature of my problem of not being able to resume from hibernation.   I noted in another thread that SL 410 and 510 users had complained about very similar symptoms where their laptop screen appears to go blank during the resume from a hibernation state.

Common with some of these other users, I am starting with a new hard drive, and I purchased the Lenovo OS7 and drivers recovery disks.  I was never able to get the drivers CD to properly load, so I loaded the drivers myself.  I resulted in a very similar state after loading the drivers recovery disk with the video screen going blank.

It has been brought to my attention that there might be a proper sequence of loading the Lenovo drivers which could be the cause of my apparent video blank during the resume-from-hibernation sequence.  Do you know anything about this?  The following web link talks about a proper installation sequence, but doesn't talk about issues resulting from not performing the proper installation sequence.  http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/detail.page?LegacyDocID=MIGR-74108

Fortunately, my computer is still functional, but I sure do miss the hibernation feature as a way of being more productive. 

Best regards,

Bill