Support in other languages: 
Bev
What's DOS?
Bev

Low disk space on Q drive Alert

How do I free space on the Q drive for the SL500?  I tried the disk cleanup option and it did not help.  Since it is full, I can no longer perform backups because there is no freespace.   Following are the folders on the Q drive:  Backup Folder that contains one backup dated Aug 09, ShowRoom, SW Tools, APPs and Skypedl. 

What's DOS?
howet

Re: Low disk space on Q drive Alert

Ditto Bev - the constant messages that the Q drive is low on space is quite irritating.   What can be done to free up enough space to stop the constant messages?  The clean disk routine can find nothing to delete.

Maliha

Hi Bev & howet,

Welcome to the forum!

Maybe increasing the partition size will help, just a thought. Or you can create backups on external USB drive. 

You can also recover Q's drive space, the proceeding link provides details about on doing it, read the consequences carefully though:- http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-70829

Hope it helps.

------------------------------------------------------------

Maliha (I don't work for lenovo)
ThinkPads:- T400[Win 7], T60[Win 7], IBM 240[Win XP]

IdeaPad: U350

Apple:- Macbook Air [Snow Leopard]
Did someone help you today? Compliment them with a
Kudos!
Was your question answered today? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
de.gif  Lenovo Deutsche Community   es.gif  Lenovo Comunidad en Español 
Visit my YouTube Channel

What's DOS?
DocAhrens

Can you include a link to or describe how to increase the Q partition?

Punch Card
alzi

The Q partition is the service partition for rescue & recovery in order to bring your Thinkpad back to factory status. You might want to copy it to DVDs in order to have a back up in case you have to completely reinstall the operational system. Q is not meant as a back up medium, use an external drive.

alzi 

What's DOS?
DocAhrens

If Q is meant for recovery to factory setup, how do you set that up, to save that info on the Q drive?
Punch Card
alzi

See 3 posts earlier - follow the link! :smileyhappy:

Paper Tape
santamonican

I have the same problem on my SL500. My Q is nearly full, and I cannot delete the old files in Q.

How did you solve the problem?

What's DOS?
Gymshoes

I called Lenovo technical service and got it sorted out. Windows has it's own Backup and Restore program which I inadvertantly setup when I first got the computer. When I did so, it defaulted to backup to the q: drive.

Go to start, type "backup" into "search programs and files" and shut that thing down. I also followed the Lenovo guy's instructions to right click and open the the q: drive and delete the most recent backup that was saved there. He advised me to leave the first back up (I don't know why), but deleting that one left enough space in the drive so that I no longer get that annoying message about low drive space.