Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
Trevor

Matching memory

I have a sl510 with 4GB (1066Mhz) in one slot and want to change to windows 64 bit so I can add another 4Gb does it make a difference if I add a 4GB 1333Mhz or is it better that I stick to another 1066 Mhz (which is more expensive and harder to get hold of) ?

Thanks

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,249
Solutions: 1,341

Re: Matching memory

you can use a ram module of higher speed, but it will downclock to the speed of your slowest ram module, in this case the 1066 mhz.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
sameerbhan
Topics: 2
Kudos: 16
Solutions: 10

I need to share with you that the maximum memory supported in this model is 8GB.

So I would suggest you to please use the 4GB (1066Mhz) RAM for the optimal performance of the system.

Regards,

Sameer

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

What's DOS?
Trevor

Thanks Sameer and thanks also lead_org,

There seams to be quite some debate on the topic so considering the cheep price of memory these days I went the safe way and got a matching pair of 2*4GB (1333Mhz) in acordance with the recomedation of Crucial® Memory Advisor

I just fitted it after a disk format and 64 bit windows install and it works very well.

But then again I'm sure the format did a very lot for the performace of the computer