Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
bhama

Problem with LED light beside keyboard SL 500

Hello. I just bought a new Thinkpad SL 500 and I have problem with led light which should signalize HDD activity, capslook, numlock and also the last one. It's not working. It should be flashing but it didn't nothing. Still dark. What can I do? Is it hardware problem? Thaks a lot for your advice. Martin
802.11n
Xeogin

Re: Problem with LED light beside keyboard SL 500

It sounds like the connection to them came off, or was never attached. If you're find with openning the front panel, and reinserting them, you could do that, or you can have someone else do it for you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently Just passed the CompTIA A+ 601 with flying colours! =D
Owner of an SL500 running Vista Business with 4GB of PC2 6400 RAM
Paper Tape
bhama

Thanks for advice. Does anybode have some idea have could I open it? Which srews should be remove? Thanks.
Punch Card
Ramsey

[ Edited ]

here you go

http://www.lenovoservicetraining.com

go to notebooks, then thinkpad, then SL400/500 and then click on videos and you will have all the help you need with videos concerning how to open it :smileyhappy:

Moderator Note; fixed link

Message Edited by andyP on 12-08-2008 08:02 AM
Token Ring
Sxooter

that link doesn't work for me.  I get a page not found error

802.11n
Xeogin

Try updating your Flash player, or enable javascript if you have it disabled or limited in some way.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently Just passed the CompTIA A+ 601 with flying colours! =D
Owner of an SL500 running Vista Business with 4GB of PC2 6400 RAM
Punch Card
Ramsey

thanks moderator for fixing the link, it works now =D I guess the link doesn't work when copy pasting it from the original website.
Token Ring
Sxooter

And I did have flash disabled for that site.  Guess I expected more than a blank screen with flash disabled. :smileyhappy:
JaneL

Ramsey wrote:
thanks moderator for fixing the link, it works now =D I guess the link doesn't work when copy pasting it from the original website.

An extra space at the end had accidently been picked up in the copy/paste.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane

ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet
I am not a Lenovo Employee.
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Punch Card
Ramsey

Nonny what I notice from the original link is that it has a "ion/" at the end. and the moderator removed it from the link I posted here which caused the link to work. but on the original website there's "ion/" at the end =)

it is indeed strange though :smileyhappy:

blessings,

Ramsey