Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
bobthecooldad

Recovery of all partitioned hardrive

Help when i bought this laptop it came with an illegal version of windows 7 ultimate so i reinstaled  home premium through the product key on the back of the laptop. i dont have the partition which has all the boot software and all the software and the problem with the drver from the website is that my hdmi won't work through the lenovo drivers so it is going through toshiba which only works 50% of the time. If somebody could make a link or a way that i could get the copy of the partitioned hardrive i would be grateful.

Thanks bobthecooldad

andyP
Topics: 185
Kudos: 681
Solutions: 610

Re: Recovery of all partitioned hardrive

bobthecooldad, welcome to the forum,

it might be easier for you to install ThinkVantage SystemUpdate, it should pick up automatically all that you need for your system. By the way, you didn't mention which Lenovo system you have. Might be a help if you could.

I usually run TVSU and then run it again to ensure I have everything, if it should offer you a BIOS update I personally recommend not to accept it, but to rather download the cd iso version for your system

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos
Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.
FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community

PepperonI blog 

Paper Tape
bobthecooldad

I cannot tell you the exact one because the preson has riped it off.

I have done all the system update but now on boot the think vantage button doesnt work plus i dont have the comand center what you cannot get on the system update.

Also i need the drivers because the hdmi lenovo drivers dont work so i searched and i am using drivers off cnet but occasunaly it bluescreens or crashed. If somebody has the seprate partition i can use windows device center to use the partistion to install all the drivers. if somebody has a link or could back up to rapidshare or another service.It is not that big but you will have to mount it to be able to see it.

andyP

You can find out the type and model number in BIOS.  Press F1 at boot when you see the message "To interrupt normal...blah ..blah".

On the very first screen you will see an entry like "System Unit Serial Number", this is a 14 alpha numeric number. The first 7 are your Type and Model Number, the second 7 are your serial number. Please only post the first 7 of the number.

Thanks

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos
Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community

PepperonI blog 

Paper Tape
bobthecooldad

2847 DFG

andyP

You have an SL510, here a link to the driver matrice for that system.

You can choose to install the drivers individually, which I know you don't want to do, or run Windows update and then TVSU again to see if you get the drivers you need. The only other option would be to contact Lenovo support and purchase a set of recovery discs.

Andy  

PepperonI blog 

Paper Tape
bobthecooldad

would there be any chance to get the paririon becuse i can get the drivers but i have no reinstall disk or  boot software so if my laptop goes bad i have no rescue or recovery. Or if system 32 i cannot login to fix it so i am stuffed. Could you not make a .7z or a compressed file and upload it to a file service like rapidshare. or do you know any where i could find it.

BTW i cannot visit a local lenovo store because the nearest is over 100 miles away

andyP

Uploading the software image for you to download it would be illegal.  A Lenovo store will probably not be in a position to sell you the discs. Call Lenovo support as they will be able to sell you the discs and post them to you.

Andy  

PepperonI blog 

Paper Tape
bobthecooldad

Can you put a link to where i would be able to find this.
Because i can't
andyP

The support phone number list can be found here.  For the UK the number is 01475-897-163  9 - 6 Mon. Fri.

Alternatively you could visit https://www.lenovorecovery.com/Extranet/Home.aspx

Andy  

PepperonI blog