Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
budimu

Rescue & Recovery SL410 after Blue screen

My SL410 was infected by virus (i guess) and turned into blue screen. The blue screen indicated the laptop was dumping the physical memory and then restarted. Hence, after rebooted I could only access to the very first screen with Thinkpad logo , Win 7 logo, then back to the blue screen. No way to get into Win 7 save mode and no response on the blue recovery button.

I used my Rescue & Recovery CD that i created a couple month before and was able to save all my data... but when i wanted to restore my laptop back to a previous state/year . it only completed step 1 of 2, but after rebooting went back to the blue screen... so step 2 was not able to begin... am i doing something wrong ? i do not understand why step 2 is not going through

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: Rescue & Recovery SL410 after Blue screen

Hello budimu and welcome to community,

Please go to BIOS and load the default settings then use the recovery disc.

If the issue persist then run the hard disk and memory test in BIOS and share the result.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!