Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
powfarmer

Resume from hibernate and sleep

I am not able to get my SL 510 Thinkpad to resume from the sleep or hibernate state.  The laptop shows the familiar signs that make me believe the laptop is going into a proper hibernate state, but I'm not sure of that. 

Here's some background.  I have an SL 510 Thinkpad (type 2875) with 3Gb of RAM and with a newly installed 500 Gb hard drive.  The SL510 is running on 64-bit Windows OS/7 Home Premium  which I installed using the Lenovo recovery CD.  I was not able to use the driver CD that came along with the Window 7 CD, so I used the Lenovo website to select drivers to install myself.  The device manager shows no glaring omissions. 

I installed the latest Bios (v 1.49) because there was mention of a "resume" issue repaired in version 1.46.  Reading the fora, I also installed the latest Power Manager (window 7 v3.65).  The Windows 7 Update Module KB2482122 64-bit also installed.  I have installed other drivers, but these are the ones I thought the most relevant to the issue of hibernation.

Is there an obvious missing driver for hibernation?

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: Resume from hibernate and sleep

I understand you have updated the BIOS and windows update but issue still persist.

You can run the another update also and check if it fix the issue.

http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/os7005ww_64.exe

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Paper Tape
powfarmer

Re: Resume from hibernate and sleep

Tanuj, thank you for your suggestion. 

I attempted to install your recommended module and got the final reply of "The update is not applicable to your computer."

I have been suspecting a possible video card driver incompatability as the source of my problem.  I have suspected this because when I attempt to power on my computer from the 'hiberation' state, it almost appears that I lose my video.  With a blank screen, I try entering my power-on password and hear the typical musical tone, but I don't get any video at all. 

I have found a dizzying array of drivers on the Lenovo website, but I don't seem to find a match for my video card.  Using my Device Manager, my laptop seems to have the following display adapter:  Mobile Intel(R) 45 Express Chipset  Family (Microsoft Corp. - WDDM 1.1).   Can you guide me to the appropriate device driver?

Or any other ideas?  Much regards for your help!