Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
tiberius

SL 400 Freezing

[ Edited ]

Hi.

My SL400, Duo Core P7370 2.0G, 2GB RAM, Win Vista Business start badly freezing today.

Entered sleep mode and did not wake up. I turned it off from the power button, restart in safe mode. After restart the windows loaded and when it got to the gadgets froze again. I re-turned off from the power button, safe mode etc 5 times and finally got it to work. Very frustrating. The start up is also kind of slow. Previously frozen 2 times after i turned off the bluetooth stereo connected to the SL400 and 2 times again after entered the sleep mode. 

Any other users with the same symptoms? KInd of dissapointed! 

Edit: I did indeed run Photoshop CS2, open office, AVG antivirus and firefoz browser. The CPU usage was 100% but this should not be an issue, is it?

Message Edited by tiberius on 01-04-2009 07:58 AM
Fanfold Paper
bkranthi4u

Re: SL 400 Freezing

hi ,

I bought SL 400 last month. I an really disappointed with its performace. It runs slower than my Dell laptop with 1 GB ram.

it disconnects automatically from the network after every 3/4 hrs.

It freezes suddenly after some and I am stopped and cannot do for about 3 min.

Really It sucks and I want to return it back if there is any such service provided by Lenovo.

I had high hopes on lenovo laptops.. All those crashed now and I'll never suggest any one lenovo laptops

kranthi 

Blue Screen Again
tiberius

Any other users with this problem? Is it hardware or is the Win Vista issue?

Highly appreciated any other imput.

Token Ring
Sxooter

I don't have any problems with hangs in vista home basic.  Have you tried reinstalling the OS to see if it's some problem with some piece of software that's installed?  if it stops freezing after a fresh install, then install one thing at a time and see how it behaves.
Blue Screen Again
tiberius

Thank you for your reply. It appears that it stabilized now. I also re-configured the vista (turned off all the pretty things about it, it looks now more like XP) and seems that is running not only smoother but faster.

On the side any suggestion to calibrate the monitor (software not hardware solutions)

Many thanks.

Fanfold Paper
bkranthi4u

I am using the laptop as it was delivered to me . I just installed( MS ofice, VLC, gtalk, Y messenger, Picasa ).

Do you still suggest me to re istall my OS. I wasnt provided any OS s/w by Lenovo.

Blue Screen Again
tiberius

My computer runs just fine now. I can't say what the problem was but no problems any more. The fan once started to be very noisy when, interestingly, i tried to run the computer wihtout battery. Then after reboot all fine.

The only downside I find is the monitor that appears to be not very reliable for phot editing but this is another story.