Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
Mark_123

SL 400 Screen Flicker

Hi

I have SL 400, my screen is flickering. I had downloaded and install the drivers given by the lenovo.

But still i safe the same problem.

I want to know whether this is screen flickering is an hardware problem or software problem.

I'm using Windows Vista in my laptop

Could any one can please help me here to clear my screen flickering...as this is one year old TP

What's DOS?
Milivoj1

Re: SL 400 Screen Flicker

I have the same problem. I am afraid it might be something serious. Have you managed to solve your problem somehow? My laptop is also one year old. I have not installed anything yet.

What's DOS?
dengliao

I have the same issue for my 1.5 year sl400.

Actually, it is a well-know problem in China because of the LG-Phillip defective LCD. Hope lenovo can recall all these SL400 and exchange LCD for us....

Paper Tape
chew2train

I have the same problem with my SL400 which is about 1.5 years old.
I think this is a persistent problem that is common with the SL400, a new model that came out about 2 years ago. We may have to collectively check with Lenovo to see if this is a product-specific problem so that they can fix it for all of us even though the product is out of warranty coverage.
Fanfold Paper
slave_soul

I TOTALY AGREE WITH DENGLIAO...it's happen to me also...i just bough about 2-3month the screen slowly "FLICKER"...still ok because after 5-10 minutes will be normal....now it's happen more worse i can't view anymore even after 5-30minutes...

My Laptop already used 1y 4m and warranty finish already. But this is MANUFACTURE DEFECT doesn't cause by End User. We suggest LENOVO SHOULD RECALL ALL MODEL SL400.

Retired Employee
JameZ

@chew2train and slave_soul,

Appreciate if you could provide me with the following via PM and I will escalate this to customer relations for their assistance on it.

Name:
Mobile:
Email:
MTM:
S/N:
Date of Purchase:

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Fanfold Paper
slave_soul

Dear Customer Care / Support Team,

Its has been more than a week since I last posted/email contact information given by Mr JameZ. However I'm still waiting call from Lenovo and no one calling me at the moment.

Regards,

Fadzli

Retired Employee
JameZ

@slave_soul,

Am contacting the team again on this matter. Sorry for the delay.

//JameZ

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Punch Card
Walters

I'd like to rejuvenate this thread. My SL400 with Intel Graphics has the flickering problem. The LCD backlight flickers and then goes out completely. I have replaced the inverter board and the lcd panel itself and the problem remains. No problem when hooked up to an external monitor, so I'm stumped. Could this be a video chipset issue on the motherboard? Don't know where to go from here.

Retired Employee
JameZ

@Walters,

I am not sure what is the cause of this issue, have you contacted to the support to get your laptop shipped in?

//JameZ